Pokemon GO Plus Delayed to September

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Pokemon GO Plus Delayed to September

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/968/968722.jpg
You'll have to continue catching Pokemon on your smartphone's screen like a peasant until September.

When Pokemon GO was officially delayed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142343-Pokemon-Go-Smartphone-App-Lets-You-Catch-Pokemon-In-Real-World] the product until September.

"The Pokemon GO Plus accessory will now be released Sept 2016 instead of the originally expected end of July launch," wrote the company.

You can read more about the Pokemon Go Plus on the official website [http://www.pokemongo.com/en-us/pokemon-go-plus/]. Essentially, whenever you a near a PokeStop, the device will vibrate. When you're near a Pokemon, it will flash, and if it's a Pokemon you have caught before, you can simply press the button on the device to catch it without having to take your phone out.

It connects to your phone using Bluetooth and can be worm as either a pin or as wristband. It is compatible with both the Android and iOS versions of Pokemon GO and when it is released this September will cost $34.99.

Source: Nintendo [https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/758194900466671616]

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
September? I don't think the hype will last that long unless you do some major upgrade and new added features between now and September.

Still needs working on.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
I don't like the product at that price. It's essentially a pidgey/rattata collector for 35 bucks. If it had a screen that would actually show you what was nearby and maybe had pokeradar functionality, I'd consider it. Simply knowing that there's a pokemon in range and the ability to catch it at the press of a button would not only be very limited but also make the game unfun.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Gorrath said:
I don't like the product at that price. It's essentially a pidgey/rattata collector for 35 bucks. If it had a screen that would actually show you what was nearby and maybe had pokeradar functionality, I'd consider it. Simply knowing that there's a pokemon in range and the ability to catch it at the press of a button would not only be very limited but also make the game unfun.
I think it also counts your steps so you can hatch eggs without the app sucking your battery dry.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
RaikuFA said:
Gorrath said:
I think it also counts your steps so you can hatch eggs without the app sucking your battery dry.
I've heard that it still requires your app to be running but even if it doesn't that's not a big issue for me. it may be for some, and they may find value in the device but it's not for me given the features vs the cost. I'd need to drop 70 bucks for me and my wife to catch pidgeys and count steps. I've got a big external phone battery that can charge my phone 3.5X over. I feel the device would be just so much better if it at least gave you a modicum of information on a screen. I think being able to see what what's near you is just too important to the gameplay for this device to be terribly useful. I'd probably still buy a couple if they were 10-15 bucks, but 35? For a pedometer and a button that flashes?

Strayal

Aug 17, 2008
For me, the big feature that would make this a buy would be pokestop USE, not detection. Unless you're traveling a ton, you probably know where most of the pokestops are around you, pretty quickly. If it allowed you to push that button to use the pokestop, or did it automatically as you passed by, then I would consider picking this up. Otherwise, meh.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
So people will pay $35 so they don't have to actually play the game? What a weird world we live in.