Rainbow Six: Siege Free Weekend Kicks Off Today on PC and Xbox One

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Rainbow Six: Siege Free Weekend Kicks Off Today on PC and Xbox One

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1339/1339017.jpgIf you've been wondering how Rainbow Six Siege plays, you can find out this weekend for free.

Ubisoft is offering up a free weekend for Rainbow Six Siege, and it kicked off a couple of hours ago. It runs through Monday, August 1 at 1 PM ET on PC, and until 3 AM Monday on Xbox One.

As you'd expect, you'll need to download Uplay on PC to get in on the action. Once you've done that, just click on the "Free Weekend" banner in the client, and you'll be able to download the game. If having to use Uplay is a dealbreaker for you, you'll have to skip it. Xbox One owners can fins the download link on the game's store page.

As is customary for free weekends, the game is also on sale on both platforms through Sunday. If you pick up the game before then, you can grab it for 50 percent off.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Neat!

I love me some Rainbow Six but multiplayer only scared me away. Might have to at least try it now...

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
tippy2k2 said:
Neat!

I love me some Rainbow Six but multiplayer only scared me away. Might have to at least try it now...
Agreed! Siege has looked interesting to me ever since release but without friends to play with I've never been able to pull the trigger. A chance to play free sounds nice.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
tippy2k2 said:
Neat!

Well, it's not a Rainbow Six game, I can tell you that much. More like a slightly faster Counter Strike with a very unusual form of "class" system.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Bindal said:
tippy2k2 said:
Neat!

Well, it's not a Rainbow Six game, I can tell you that much. More like a slightly faster Counter Strike with a very unusual form of "class" system.
Siege's Terrorist Hunt is better then in the previous games (mainly the enemy AI), its just that the solo experience doesnt have friendly AI.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
josemlopes said:
Bindal said:
tippy2k2 said:
Neat!

Siege's Terrorist Hunt is better then in the previous games (mainly the enemy AI), its just that the solo experience doesnt have friendly AI.
It's incredibly annoying though that the terrorist hunt mode has random map and mode selection rather than letting you choose them for yourself. Bomb defusal and hostage defense are pretty much impossible by yourself unless you get lucky and get positions that are easily defendable. I also really hate the glare. Seriously looking out a window is blinding, anyone standing just outside it might as well be invisible which I discovered to my cost. For 50% off though, it's not a bad purchase, though I definately do not reccomend it at full price. IMO it doesn't have nearly enough content to justify that.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
archvile93 said:
josemlopes said:
Bindal said:
tippy2k2 said:
Neat!

It's incredibly annoying though that the terrorist hunt mode has random map and mode selection rather than letting you choose them for yourself. Bomb defusal and hostage defense are pretty much impossible by yourself unless you get lucky and get positions that are easily defendable. I also really hate the glare. Seriously looking out a window is blinding, anyone standing just outside it might as well be invisible which I discovered to my cost. For 50% off though, it's not a bad purchase, though I definately do not reccomend it at full price. IMO it doesn't have nearly enough content to justify that.
You can lock out modes and maps, if you want you can remove Bomb defusal and protect hostage.

You also need to take into account the time of day, in day time you really have to avoid unsafe entry points and use drones to find out safe ones. At night you can see everything.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Well that didn't last long...

I enjoyed it...when I could play it this weekend. Tried to boot it up again today as I'm still kind of on the fence and I am not able to log onto the servers. So not the best first impression here Ubisoft...