Outlast 2 Delayed to Early 2017

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Outlast 2 Delayed to Early 2017

"We promise Outlast 2 will scare the crap out of you."

an announcement on the game's Facebook page. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138201-Red-Barrels-Games-Developing-Outlast-2]

"We had to make a difficult decision recently. After weighing our options we've decided to postpone Outlast 2's release until Q1 of 2017," the post reads.

"Our mission as an indie studio is to deliver to you the best, most terrifying, most fulfilling experiences possible. That's why we're taking just a little bit more time to make sure our vision for Outlast 2 is in no way compromised and is the experience you deserve," it continues. "This is not the type of news we ever want to deliver, but we are so fully committed to the world we've built and to our awesome community that we could not, in good conscience, release a game who's limits haven't been tested to the extreme."

"Thank you for understanding. We promise Outlast 2 will scare the crap out of you."

[gallery=6372]

Thatguyky

May 23, 2011
This is perfectly fine by me! I loved the first Outlast. The apology from the Dev's is very nice, but I feel like it's not entirely needed. They're doing the right things by attempting to make the game the best they can. If they released it early and it was blorp, then I'd expect an apology. Imo, what they're doing now, is without a doubt the right thing to do!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Take as long as you like, Red Barrels (btw you didn't name the developer in the article, their name should be more prominent than it is, IMO ;)). I am a patient bear with many other bearlike ambitions. And procrastinations. The first is a highly polished gem, it's good to keep such a track record. That reminds me I must get round to finishing the whistleblower expansion. There were some uniquely morbid moments there, certain areas of disturbing scenes. Love it!! Maybe too much. Hmm...