Latest Overwatch Ban Wave Results in Some Hilarious Complaints

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Latest Overwatch Ban Wave Results in Some Hilarious Complaints

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1340/1340086.jpgBlizzard's banned another swath of Overwatch accounts, and it's caused some predictably hilarious responses from those who got hit.

If there's one thing that can wreck an online game, it's cheaters. Blizzard has said in the past that they were taking a Back in June [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167437-Blizzard-Taking-Zero-Tolerance-Stance-on-Overwatch-Cheaters] a number of ban waves had already hit, and Blizzard's Chinese partner NetEase went so far as to publish the names of those banned.

While Blizzard hasn't gone that far, they have rolled out another ban wave, and as usual, you can find a number of upset users who were affected. Thanks to Reddit user jonnytothedee [https://www.reddit.com/user/jonnytothedee], we can see some of the salty responses the banned users threw out on the OwnedCore forums.

Here are a few of my favorites:

"it must be ilegal to do something like this. just banning us for running an external program that doesnt even hack the game. it was just a mouse bot. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. ARE THEY GONNA BAN ME FOR USING PAINT NOW TOO."

"i only tried it once and im in a ****ing sem pro team. ggg. g. g. g. g. g. time to disappeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar."

"i LOST my 240 lvl account. "I HAD PAID 150 FOR BOXXES."

You can check them all out in the gallery below.

[imgur=a/ZzSGi]

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Half of those people act like it was their god given right to cheat in Overwatch and that Blizzard has no right to ban them, I don't know anymore, seems "fuk u i do wat i want" is becoming a very common conception to have

Alienmen1

May 14, 2008
Got to love Blizzard for their stance on hacking.

Hehe, even buying the game again isn't going to save them

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Kreett said:
Half of those people act like it was their god given right to cheat in Overwatch and that Blizzard has no right to ban them, I don't know anymore, seems "fuk u i do wat i want" is becoming a very common conception to have
Hackers who go into public games are by definition complete arse holes with absolutely no sense of self awareness.

This exactly the kind of reaction to getting banned I would expect, it's exactly the reaction I used to get whenever I applied massed bans to the Source game and Battlefield servers I used to run. People like that cannot see how their behaviour can be in any way unacceptable, which is why it's so glorious to watch them suffer.

Sep 24, 2008
Kreett said:
It is the age of the Selfie, the mindset of the 'one with the most followers'.

Everyone is literally the star of their own media empire in their heads. Be it Twitter, Youtube, Facebook or Snapchat, the more people who come out of no where to like what they do... or maybe even more importantly, the more individuals believe that they should be followed and liked by nameless hordes, the more diva-like (no pun) the general populous is getting.

They will be assholes. They will be loud and bombastic. They will be little shits because they believe the attention and the goader-ons validate them and their feeling of being special.

Everyone is social media-famous in their own minds. It's not surprising that they feel entitled.

... Also, some people are just born jerks. So there's also that.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Kreett said:
Yes how dare these people want to play the game they paid for.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Seems that the blizzard salt mines have found another salt vein with plentyfull bounty in it.

Jesus some of these posts are so cringeworthy.... blizzard trolling them? Really?

Look... if you go to disneyworld.. and then try to skip line at every attraction by shoving other people to the side you will eventually get kicked out of disneyworld... doesnt matter that you paid top dollar for the tickets. You broke the rules of the place and now youre not going to get to be in disneyworld anymore... simple as that.

Thought i would love for those script kiddies to try and sue blizzard...

P-89 Scorpion said:
So i have to ask... whats your endgame here? That blizzard should just allow everyone to cheat to their hearts content?

These script kiddies arent interested in playing the game like everyone else, they simply want to ruin other peoples fun and enjoyment of the game.

Ruining other peoples fun thought has detrimental effects on the health of the game, detrimental effects on the games health will hurt income and longlevity of a game.

Cheats will eventually destroy games (and things like that has happened in the past) if kept unchecked and arent consequently fought against.

So i ask again: whats your endgame here?

These kids knew that cheating is a bannable offense, its nots exactly one of blizzard great secrets you know.. they are very honest and upfront about that particular thing.

Again: You do not go into disneyworld, behave like a giant douche, and then complain when they kick you out. Doesnt matter if you paid the entrance fee or not.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
P-89 Scorpion said:
Kreett said:
When they deliberately ruin the experiences of other people, yes, how dare they.

Your point is essentially the same as if I went to Disneyland and took a giant shit on top of Mickey Mouse. Just because I paid to be there, doesn't mean I can ruin the experience for everyone else.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
Got a very simple and obvious response to this: Probably shouldn't have done anything shady then. =V

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA

I love some hackers tears.
ObsidianJones said:
Kreett said:

Everyone is literally the star of their own media empire in their heads. Be it Twitter, Youtube, Facebook or Snapchat, the more people who come out of no where to like what they do... or maybe even more importantly, the more individuals believe that they should be followed and liked by nameless hordes, the more diva-like (no pun) the general populous is getting.

They will be assholes. They will be loud and bombastic. They will be little shits because they believe the attention and the goader-ons validate them and their feeling of being special.

Everyone is social media-famous in their own minds. It's not surprising that they feel entitled.

Our Generation seriously has an entitlement problem. I remember something a while back where teenage were complaining that they got the wrong smart phone or CAR! they were complaining about how awful their parents parents were.

we are breeding sociopaths.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
tf2godz said:

I love some hackers tears.
ObsidianJones said:
Kreett said:

Our Generation seriously has an entitlement problem. I remember something a while back where teenage were complaining that they got the wrong smart phone or CAR! they were complaining about how awful their parents parents were.

we are breeding sociopaths.
This behavior from cheaters isnt exactly groundbreakingly new or something exclusive to the current generation.

Aimbots, wallhacks and co. are as old as the original counterstrike and Quake...

And the arguments of those getting banned for their usage has also remained the same.

The only thing that changed is the quantity wich nowadays is muuuuuuch bigger because the hobby also has blown up all across the globe.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
P-89 Scorpion said:
A person paying to enter a poker tournament who gets caught cheating should be allowed to play on then? Because they should be allowed to play; they paid for it after all, even if they were cheating.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I take it these loser didn't read the term and conditions when register on Overwatch? Ok not everyone has the time to read it all properly but by clicking "I agree" you lose whatever entitlement/ self right and fully submit yourself to the Game terms and conditions!

I would loved it to see those banned people reactions to threads/ topic on these (I saw the news on dorkly first) now that theie comments has been made ridicules!

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
fix-the-spade said:
Kreett said:
Hackers who go into public games are by definition complete arse holes with absolutely no sense of self awareness.

This exactly the kind of reaction to getting banned I would expect, it's exactly the reaction I used to get whenever I applied massed bans to the Source game and Battlefield servers I used to run. People like that cannot see how their behaviour can be in any way unacceptable, which is why it's so glorious to watch them suffer.
"I ruined dozens of games over a few months, but come on fam; s'all good, right?"

I dabbled in Minecraft server admin a few years back, and got similar responses. There's idiots for whom cheating just shouldn't incur penalties.

That said, I'm more in the Dark Souls camp when it comes to legislation. You feel like cheating? Fine. Here's a closed-off ecosystem for you and your brethren. Have fun playing if everyone on both teams is aimbotting. In the case of Overwatch, I'd just make it so any matches run with cheats aren't tallied up to your personal scores or level progression.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
In unrelated news, there seems to be a surge of low level players who are oddly knowledgeable about map layouts, what counters what and how each character handles.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Aeshi said:
In unrelated news, there seems to be a surge of low level players who are oddly knowledgeable about map layouts, what counters what and how each character handles.
Guess a lot of people got into the game from watching streamers who went into detail on explanations of why everything was happening the way it was.

OT: Good. These people need to learn that actions have consequences. That's just basic real life for you.

Morifen

Oct 4, 2012
I hope they are at least account banning the cheaters, not just their overwatch. I would at the minimum ban their battle.net account completely, but better to ban their email and IP too. Anyone who uses cheats is not fit to play online games.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
P-89 Scorpion said:
Kreett said:
It's kind of like going to a bar to enjoy a band, paying to get in, and then having a freak out because they kicked you out for taking your pants off and shitting on the floor. You're not the only one wanting to enjoy things, and if your enjoyment ruins it for everyone else, you should be dealt with. (Personally more of a fan of dumping all the cheaters on a seperate asshole server, but that can get costly.)