Sony Confirms PlayStation Event for September

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Sony Confirms PlayStation Event for September

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/586/586667.jpg

Sony has confirmed a PlayStation event will take place on September 7.

Members of the press have started receiving invitations [http://kotaku.com/playstation-4-5-aka-neo-will-be-announced-next-month-1785054051] to a PlayStation meeting, which is set to take place at the PlayStation Theater in New York at 3pm Eastern on September 7. It is expected that Sony will be unveiling its new console, codenamed "Neo."

Reports about Neo began to surface in March [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167034-More-Powerful-PS4-to-be-Announced-Before-PlayStation-VR-Launch-Report-Says], when the Wall Street Journal reported that the new console "would be announced before the planned October release of the PlayStation VR, Sony's new virtual-reality headset."

According to reports, the Neo will feature a higher clock speed, an improved GPU, and higher bandwidth that reports indicate will be necessary in order to play 4K resolution content and "capture gamers willing to pay for a richer gaming environment, including a high-end virtual-reality experience." There has been no mention of pricing or any other specific details, although one source stated that both the new console and the current PlayStation 4 are expected to share the same software catalog.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Yay, I can't wait for the announcement that will make me feel stupid for buying my now obsolete PS4! I exaggerate, but seriously, I hate the idea of having more powerful variations of the same console. Might as well move to PC.

Which, with the arrival of the RX 480 and GTX 1060, I really might do soon.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Bob_McMillan said:
Yay, I can't wait for the announcement that will make me feel stupid for buying my now obsolete PS4! I exaggerate, but seriously, I hate the idea of having more powerful variations of the same console. Might as well move to PC.

Which, with the arrival of the RX 480 and GTX 1060, I really might do soon.
Don't do that. You'll miss out on all the sweet console remasters /sarcasm.

Now is a great time to jump ships. The cards you mentioned have made building an incredibly accessible and affordable affair.