Han Solo Fan Fiction Adventure Game in the Works

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Han Solo Fan Fiction Adventure Game in the Works

With a little luck, Han Solo will join Sam and Max, Indiana Jones, and Guybrush Threepwood as an adventure game hero.

A one-man band is developing a fan fiction SCUMM-styled adventure game focused on Han Solo. Stacy Davidson has always had a beef with LucasArts for never creating a SCUMM title based in the Star Wars universe, and Adventure Game Studio [http://www.hansoloadventures.com/], a free adventure game creation tool.

Though the safety of the project worries me (a cease and desist is hopefully not on the horizon), Davidson seems to be doing everything he can to stave off LucasArts' legal team. The game will be freeware, and Davidson points out on the game's website that seeking profit from sales of the title could be considered a "federal offense."

This brings up an interesting scenario: Is fan-fiction in videogame form any different than fan-fiction in text? There are plenty of Star Wars fan fiction websites out there that are allowed to exist, so shouldn't Davidson's game be given the same freedom as well? I seriously doubt that a Star Wars adventure game will ever be made by LucasArts, but that doesn't mean it (or another corporate entity) won't try to shut the project down. I certainly hope not, because the game looks pretty neat. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LAmQlbgqBw]

Via: GameSetWatch [http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2009/08/scumm_fan_fiction_han_solo_adv.php]

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
I would play this game until there was nothing left to play.

I do hope it's going to be good. And of course I do hope it's allowed to be released.

Woem

May 28, 2009
OK this is just awesome. I'm looking forward to rescuing princess Leia.

pipboy2010

Aug 24, 2009
Amidst a sea of half-arsed RPG shooters, that may be one of the most beautful things I've ever seen. I really hope it happens.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Solo will always be my favourite Star Wars character, I hope this game does his awesomeness justice. I'll be looking out for it.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
As far as I know Lucas Arts is pretty good about Fan Projects, especially if there is no money involved on the side of the creator and all things considered this is a glorified mod, as long as credit is given where credit is due he SHOULD be fine.

Hikikomori Ookami

Jun 26, 2009
Subzerowings said:
Probably a bad place to ask but, who did shoot first? Han Solo or Greedo?
Han shot first! He's a rogue, he survives by being at least a step ahead of everyone. I can't believe they revised it!

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
Subzerowings said:
Probably a bad place to ask but, who did shoot first? Han Solo or Greedo?
In the original version, the one that came to the cinemas 1977 Solo shot Greedo first for 'saftey reasons'. In the reworked edition infancy pants Geaorge Lucas made Greedo shot first, leaving
Han Solo in self defense. which looks REALLY awkward in that scene.

I´d love to see the game released from 'Stacy'

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
Hay this looks pretty cool. I'd love to play a game that all Han Solo, he's my favourite Star Wars charecter, and since I'm a fan of fan fics, sign me up!
(Oh, and I don't really care who shot first, 'cos either way Han becomes a hero and if he shot first, the charecter progression is all the more interesting, if he didn't, well, it's proof he was always a good guy underneith).