Look Like There's a Remastered Version of Duke Nukem 3D On the Way

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Look Like There's a Remastered Version of Duke Nukem 3D On the Way

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1345/1345650.jpgThere may be a Duke Nukem 3D remaster in the works, if rumors are true.

If a rumor making the rounds is true, the countdown clock on the Tezla55 [http://dukenukem.com/?age-verified=71bc72b73f] explained that someone had leaked details of the game to him.

Supposedly, the game is titled Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour. According to an included quote from the leaker, the game will be a "Duke Nukem 3D remix" that will have "a lot of new/original content added in as well." It's also said to possibly have co-op and deathmatch modes, although the post does say that this isn't "100% sure."

The leak claims that the new game is being developed by Nerve Software, a studio founded by ex-id Software employee Brandon James. The company formerly worked on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, and the Doom 2 remake for Xbox Live.

Finally, the leak includes some purported screenshots from the game, which honestly don't impress. You can check them out below.

Obviously, all of this could be a fake. Screenshots aren't proof, and it's certainly possible that this isn't real. We'll find out for sure in about seven days.

[gallery=6435]

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
All that matters is selling it on Steam again. I already have it thankfully, but I hate when games get removed from Steam (that aren't shovelware indie garbage)

Ex-id people, that makes sense. 3D Realms was also ex-id employees.

I believe it mostly cause they have been saying the game would be coming back to Steam eventually. That they are updating it somewhat is certainly a believable reason why it took so long.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Traditionally "on the way" and "Duke Nuke'Em" are two things that traditionally don't mix particularly well together.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
It would take a lot more than is on view in those screen shots to make me pay for Duke Nukem again. But, then, I got it for free from GOG, so...

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
From those screenshots, all I can say is that this looks fake. Why would they remaster it just to update the textures a tiny bit.

If they were going for a similar look, those enemy textures look just plain awful by today's standards.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
If any of this is true then I'm calling it that atleast the screenshots are faked/ from mods. The textures feel inconsistent and 1 and 3 look like they've been completely shopped compared to duke3d.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Thats neat and all, but where is the remaster of Blood?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, to me, Duke3d is just Doom with some nicer gimmicks less cleverly used, but it was a big deal cause one of the gimmicks was strippers.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
im glad i still have the original on steam before it was gone. the last title is a disaster that havent played since its release. if its really that much remastered maybe i may get it.

Atratzu

Aug 14, 2016
Honestly I don't think "yay another remake" makes the news anymore because everyone and their pet Chia is getting a reboot. Stay tuned for Atratzu Rebooted January 2017.