Metal Gear Solid V: the Definitive Experience Coming This Fall, Includes Ground Zeroes and All the DLC

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Metal Gear Solid V: the Definitive Experience Coming This Fall, Includes Ground Zeroes and All the DLC

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1346/1346420.jpg

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Well that was entirely predictable from the moment Ground Zeros was announced.

Looks like I can finally buy Metal Gear Solid 5, unless of course Konami have dreamed up some way to be even worse than usual.

It's Konami, anything can happen.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I'm trying to see this as just another "Game of the Year"-style offering, and not a kind of quiet admission that Konami has spent the last several years slaughtering golden-egg-laying geese.

I'm not entirely succeeding.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
This game had DLC?? I don't remember th...*sees list*

Bwahahahahaha!!

No...you're right, Konami. You're right. That's certainly downloadable content. Bahaha! Definitely worth a GOTY collection...hehehe! Ohh I feel sad now. Nobody buy this if you have the main game.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
If you haven't played V yet...don't beat the game. I was into it at first, but by the time I finished it, I hated it. V is terrible and it takes a long time to realize it.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I'd be really mad if Konami never released Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain together. $49.99 is a steal compared to buying each part separately.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
MC1980 said:
Oh, nice to know everyone bought and played the non-definitive version of the game until now. As far as insulting rerelease naming goes, 'definitive' is almost as bad as 'complete'.

Can't wait for them to announce the localization of MGS3 Pachinko to round out the trilogy of lacklustre MGS announcements.

Or they're gonna announce MGS3 remake at TGS. Nah, them actually making those assets for something worthwhile is too much to hope for.
I would worry about that too. Kojima was occasionally overly exploitational, but he cared about his work. A remake by the faceless coorporate entity Konami would probably tone up viscera, spectacle and jiggle physics while dumbing down and cutting story elements

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Diablo1099 said:
I wonder if this is an apology for Metal Gear Survive?...
If it is its not much of one, since all the DLC for MGSV and most of the DLC for MGO is cosmetics, and doesnt include preorder bonus cosmetics.

You may as well just buy the GZ and MGSV bundle.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
CyanCat47 said:
MC1980 said:
Oh, nice to know everyone bought and played the non-definitive version of the game until now. As far as insulting rerelease naming goes, 'definitive' is almost as bad as 'complete'.

Can't wait for them to announce the localization of MGS3 Pachinko to round out the trilogy of lacklustre MGS announcements.

Or they're gonna announce MGS3 remake at TGS. Nah, them actually making those assets for something worthwhile is too much to hope for.
I would worry about that too. Kojima was occasionally overly exploitational, but he cared about his work. A remake by the faceless coorporate entity Konami would probably tone up viscera, spectacle and jiggle physics while dumbing down and cutting story elements
Well i just remember a time when Silicon Knights remade MGS1 for the Gamecube, and it was faithful to the PS1 original and the only questionable thing about it being the somewhat exaggerated stunts Snake would pull off in cutscenes.

But then i suppose it depends on who they give it to, i presume thier internal slaves are being put to work on Survive, and i doubt it would be hard to find a freelance studio for a remake.

And even if it did happen i wouldnt buy it. I said before MGSV launched that we should make certain that game becomes thier crowning achievement in sales, and now thats come and gone we should make sure they never reach that record again.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
Does not seem to Include the monthly subscription to protect your online possessions getting raided while you are not online.

#FucKonami

Voxoid

Nov 28, 2013
This leaves me in a pretty crap situation. On one hand I want to buy this because I love MGS and I'd rather have GZ and TPP in one pack along with the rest of the garbage DLC's, but then again that means giving Konami my money which I'd really rather not do because I hate them.

I might just wait and see what other people think of it once it's been released.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Xsjadoblayde said:
This game had DLC?? I don't remember th...*sees list*

Bwahahahahaha!!

No...you're right, Konami. You're right. That's certainly downloadable content. Bahaha! Definitely worth a GOTY collection...hehehe! Ohh I feel sad now. Nobody buy this if you have the main game.
haha i didnt realise there was DLC for it as well

wow that is a sad, sad bunch of DLC.. $2usd and yes you to can actually put your hands above your head in an emote. haha they are literally selling horse armour, guess they didnt learn from bethesda.

im one of those people who ignored the series and just picked up this game for open world stealth and frankly now i see why i ignored the rest of the series. the plot is completely nonsensical, but its an ok game if you ignore the plot

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
The only way I would ever buy MGSV again is if they included a ULC feature so I could create my own Snake Tales, and play other peoples. The core gameplay is great, but once you've memorised all the effectove travel routes and objectives, and there's no story left, there's nothing to to maintain my interest. ULC levels with little text walls for story are what it needs.