Pokemon Sun And Moon's New Snorlax Z-Move is The Best Thing Ever

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Pokemon Sun And Moon's New Snorlax Z-Move is The Best Thing Ever

Pre-ordering Pokemon Sun And Moon will get you Snorlax's new Z-move: Pulverizing Pancake.

Nintendo has released a unique Z-move [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsTuHGpLJfM], oh, and the special Munchlax you will get for pre-ordering the game.

What's so special about this Munchlax? Well, it comes with the held item "Snorlium Z", which if it is holding when it evolves into Snorlax will teach it the Z-move "Pulverizing Pancake". What's Pulverizing Pancake? Only the best thing ever. Watch the video and see for yourself.

The Munchlax will also know the moves "Hold Back" - useful for capturing Pokemon as it always leaves them with at least 1 HP, and "Happy Hour," which awards double prize money in battles. It definitely seems like it would be a great Pokemon to have in your party as you are first starting out.

You can pre-order the game from these locations [http://www.nintendo.com/popup/retailers/vNXWFWgGgDOHrW3CVWL_z3N8vHzm5Y8O] ahead of it's Novebmer 18 release date. We don't know if there will be any way to get the Snorlium Z item after the pre-order offer has expired.

Source:Nintendo [http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/dont-miss-out-on-munchlax-in-pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/]

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I mean it's cute, but better than beef stew, taco trucks AND naked Catherine Belle?! I think not Mr Bogos.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
They just gave it the move it has in Smash Bros when you throw it out of a pokeball.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
That is pretty hilarious.

Though honestly considering I turn off all the flashy animations once I get the chance, meh.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
meh...I stopped giving a damn after emerald, then X and Y brought my interest back, AND THEN nintendo killed my interest with the remakes of ruby and sapphire that actively STRIPPED several features I liked from X and Y (The ability to customize appearance) while NOT fixing major issues with the game *cough* still can't rename pokemon that you didn't catch *cough* also, it looks like it might be a pre-order exclusive...just saying

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
This is entirely rhetorical, because Nintendo wants our money, but why the hell would they lock something like that to a preorder? It's Pok?mon. People are going to buy it regardless.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
The Enquirer said:
This is entirely rhetorical, because Nintendo wants our money, but why the hell would they lock something like that to a preorder? It's Pok?mon. People are going to buy it regardless.
It's not a pre-order just an early bonus that'll be available via download for a month or two after the game comes out.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
thewatergamer said:
meh...I stopped giving a damn after emerald, then X and Y brought my interest back, AND THEN nintendo killed my interest with the remakes of ruby and sapphire that actively STRIPPED several features I liked from X and Y (The ability to customize appearance)
Character customization is back in Sun & Moon. Not quite sure why people thought it was gone forever just because it wasn't included in the remakes.
thewatergamer said:
while NOT fixing major issues with the game *cough* still can't rename pokemon that you didn't catch *cough*
That's not really an issue since that's an intended feature. Something about how the trainers wishes are in the nickname or something like that.
thewatergamer said:
also, it looks like it might be a pre-order exclusive...just saying
It's not a preorder exclusive. It'll be available to everyone for a few months after the games release regardless of when or where you buy it from.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
The article is slightly misleading, it's not a pre-order bonus but included with a munchlax as an in game event (similar to the legendary pokemon they're handing out this year)

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Semi-DemiFiend said:
thewatergamer said:
meh...I stopped giving a damn after emerald, then X and Y brought my interest back, AND THEN nintendo killed my interest with the remakes of ruby and sapphire that actively STRIPPED several features I liked from X and Y (The ability to customize appearance)
Character customization is back in Sun & Moon. Not quite sure why people thought it was gone forever just because it wasn't included in the remakes.
thewatergamer said:
while NOT fixing major issues with the game *cough* still can't rename pokemon that you didn't catch *cough*
That's not really an issue since that's an intended feature. Something about how the trainers wishes are in the nickname or something like that.
thewatergamer said:
It's not a preorder exclusive. It'll be available to everyone for a few months after the games release regardless of when or where you buy it from.
Pokemon games like removing great features, then returning them in the game after. The Pokenav in ORAS was an upgraded version of something in Black and White 2, that was removed in X and Y.

I wish we could nickname un-nicknamed Pokemon that we arent the OT for. I get it if its already been nicknamed, but if not, let me do it. (Mostly cause I transfered a shiny female Mr. Mime from Platinum to X and I want to nickname it Mrs.Mime, but cant)

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Too bad that after using that move you'd have to wait for him to sleep another 20 years before doing it again. :p

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Silentpony said:
I mean it's cute, but better than beef stew, taco trucks AND naked Catherine Belle?!
God bless you sir.

OT

You've gotta love how the built up to this in the trailer. And how angry it looks when it sees Trumpemon.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
That is pretty hilarious.

Though honestly considering I turn off all the flashy animations once I get the chance, meh.
So.... these "Z-Moves" are now the Final Fantasy Summons of Pokemon!?

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Saelune said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
thewatergamer said:
thewatergamer said:
thewatergamer said:
Pokemon games like removing great features, then returning them in the game after. The Pokenav in ORAS was an upgraded version of something in Black and White 2, that was removed in X and Y.

I wish we could nickname un-nicknamed Pokemon that we arent the OT for. I get it if its already been nicknamed, but if not, let me do it. (Mostly cause I transfered a shiny female Mr. Mime from Platinum to X and I want to nickname it Mrs.Mime, but cant)
Yeah I've been playing Pokemon since Blue and I'm familiar with their policy on certain features claiming that they make the region feel more unique or something. As lame as it is that they didn't include stuff like the Battle frontier and other features at least we don't have to worry about future entries being bloated with side quests.

I would certainly get behind being able to rename Pokemon that you directly transferred.It would make it feel a bit more like older Pokemon are following you through the generations.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Semi-DemiFiend said:
Saelune said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
thewatergamer said:
thewatergamer said:
thewatergamer said:

Yeah I've been playing Pokemon since Blue and I'm familiar with their policy on certain features claiming that they make the region feel more unique or something. As lame as it is that they didn't include stuff like the Battle frontier and other features at least we don't have to worry about future entries being bloated with side quests.

I would certainly get behind being able to rename Pokemon that you directly transferred.It would make it feel a bit more like older Pokemon are following you through the generations.
Certain things like Battle Frontiers being limited to certain games is fine. Its features that directly effect gameplay however...

Though if they want to remove Mega Evolutions, Alola forms, and Z Moves in future games... >.>

and Trubbish...

But character customization, Pokenav, and certain features that things like the PokeGear and that watch in Gen IV had should be permanent.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Kibeth41 said:
Semi-DemiFiend said:
thewatergamer said:
That's not true, at least not yet. So far it's only confirmed that you can change your character's skin colour... Literally no other customization options have been shown.
We've gotten a few shots of player characters wearing different clothing already.

http://images.designntrend.com/data/images/full/92554/pokemon-sun-and-moon-battle-royal-jpg.jpg?w=780