Stardew Valley's 1.1 Update Adds Farm Layout Options, New Buildings

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Stardew Valley's 1.1 Update Adds Farm Layout Options, New Buildings

Stardew Valley's 1.1 update will allow you to choose a farm layout based on what you like to do most: fishing, farming, foraging, mining or combat.

At PAX, PC Gamer [http://www.pcgamer.com/stardew-valley-update/] caught up with Eric "Concerned Ape" Barone to talk about the games upcoming 1.1 update. While the update won't contain the multiplayer fans have been waiting for, it is still a very substantial update with quite a few new features including "farm layouts" and new buildings. Barone says it will hit "about a month from now."

Farm layouts allow players to customize the layout of their farm based around the activity they most enjoy. The Standard Farm is the the "farming focused" farm we're used to. The Riverland Farm is spread out across several islands and riverbanks, with a focus on fishing. The Forest Farm has limited farming space due to its dense forests, but is perfect for the lumberjack wannabes. The Hill-top Farm has a focus on mining, and finally, the Wilderness Farm is for the combat-oriented player, as monsters will attack every night.

You will only be able to choose a farm layout for a new game - you can't apply it retroactively to an existing game.

New buildings include the shed - a completely open-ended room that players can customize to their heart's content, and the mill - which turns flour and beets into sugar.

[gallery=6461]

Other inclusions in the patch are the addition of Shane and Emily to the marriage pool, new "artisans goods" such as void mayonnaise and mead (from honey), and dozens of new collectible cosmetic items.

As for multiplayer, Barone said that it would not be ready until "some time next year," but was hoping for "early" next year. The console port of the game however, should launch "around the holidays".

It's fantastic to see that this game that is being made by literately a single guy is getting so much post-launch love!

Source: PC Gamer [http://www.pcgamer.com/stardew-valley-update/]

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Wonder when they'll make the Zombie apocalypse expansion? We all know the game would be massively improved with moaning zombies, and maybe a few more survival elements.

Feb 7, 2016
I'm holding out for that co-op update. I know he put the work out on some other developers while he focuses on adding other content. Should force me to play the game for hours upon hours for sure

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
DeliveryGodNoah said:
I'm holding out for that co-op update. I know he put the work out on some other developers while he focuses on adding other content. Should force me to play the game for hours upon hours for sure
The design and implementation of all primary game features is him alone, but the multiplayer and porting functionality is being handled by other people hired for those reasons.

Feb 7, 2016
weirdee said:
DeliveryGodNoah said:
The design and implementation of all primary game features is him alone, but the multiplayer and porting functionality is being handled by other people hired for those reasons.
I thought I literally said that? Perhaps missing a bit of wording.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Silentpony said:
Wonder when they'll make the Zombie apocalypse expansion? We all know the game would be massively improved with moaning zombies, and maybe a few more survival elements.
Not to mention some micro-transactions and mini-games.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Still want the multiplayer, but these updates are good and I've been waiting for Emily for a while now.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Cool. I've sunk loads of time in already, and now I can sink more.

moggett88

May 2, 2013
Amazing, but puts me in an awkward position - I've just started a new playthrough and am at the start of Summer, year 1. If I carry on, I'll be burnt out by the time the update goes through. If I stop now, I'll just be wishing I was playing it :s