Resident Evil 7 Will Have No Microtransactions

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Resident Evil 7 Will Have No Microtransactions

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1343/1343656.jpg

In a tweet from the official Resident Evil Twitter account, Capcom confirmed that Resident Evil 7 will be free of microtransactions.

Resident Evil 7 was ESRB listing [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167728-Resident-Evil-7-FPS-instead-of-Third-Person], not much is known about the upcoming first-person installment of the iconic franchise. In a tweet from the official Resident Evil Twitter account, however, Capcom revealed one key detail about the game itself - it will contain no microtransactions.

The primary purpose of the Tweet itself was to reveal the game's retail pre-order bonus items, which include the Recovery Set, Handgun Set, Burner Set, Shotgun Set, and Chem Fluid Set.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/775747952430215169]

Resident Evil 7 is slated set to release for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on January 24, 2017.

[gallery=6480]

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
...see, last time I was told 'no microtransactions', they got put in the game later, so I'm automatically suspicious of this.

Also damn, when did 'no microtransactions' become a selling point for a game?

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Pic 8 - LISA?
I welcome any change to the previously more action-oriented Resident Evil games. The first-persion survival genre is starting to get a bit tiresome, much like the scavenger hunt games in a similar vein which No Man's Sky incapsulated so well. But I may still buy this one. It's just too bad it's not an October release.

MatthewTheDark

The Meme Machine
Jun 13, 2014
So it will have microtransactions. Got it. I've noticed lately that companies only say this if they plan on adding it later or in an update while making the main game grindy so people will basically kiss their asses once they do because "WOW! Now its so much faster! Thanks Capcom for letting us pay more!"

DemomanHusband

Sep 17, 2014
Hey, as long as the game has actual segments in which you fight enemies with weaponry and aren't completely, totally, unbelievably helpless against all odds, I'll play it. I just hope they actually show off some gunplay before Christmas.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Thank you, oh benevolent Overlords, for not putting microtransactions INTO A FEKKING SINGLEPLAYER GAME!

Seriously, is this something that has to be specially announced nowadays? Have we sunk so low that we no longer consider the presence of microtransactions in a full priced AAA game something to be condemned and frowned upon, but rather their absence something deserving praise?

It shouldn't be praiseworthy, it should be the norm.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Wrex Brogan said:
...see, last time I was told 'no microtransactions', they got put in the game later, so I'm automatically suspicious of this.

Well "Comes with audio jack" will be the new selling point in tech so... something.

Sep 24, 2008
I'm sorry, I get that no microtransactions is a welcomed thing although it's tragic that it has to be.

... I'm still trying to get behind the premise of this game. You're fighting Ghost girls and the people they control with shotguns? Are the main characters of this game named Sam and Dean?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Preorder bonus implies that further down the road these will be reimplemented as paid "DLC" though.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Ahhh...Capcom, promising no microtransactions in the same announcement where you push your pre-order exclusive bonuses you cut out of the game...typical. Also, remember when Plants vs Zombies garden warfare wouldn't have transactions and then they patched them in later? Remember when Deus Ex mankind divided had no microtransactions for reviewers and then they were patched in later? Yeah...I'll believe it when the game has been out for 6 months and there is no sign of adding microtransactions in

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I vaguely remember some other game that wasn't going to have microtransactions that leads me to believe this won't work.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
oh come on, who wouldn't want to open up a microtransaction screen to the creepy vendor dude saying "whaddareya buyin???"

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Retail Exclusive pre-order content is still kinda shitty but at least it's all digital. Has there been an instance where a game offered different physical pre-order things depending on the retailer?

Also I'm pretty sure this is just the horror movie thing where the one person says, "Ah yes, this thing fine and that thing won't happen" then within the next minute or so that thing happens and it's usually a bloody death/jump scare.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Well there is always macrotransactions, metatransactions, microcisactions, I can't get no satisfactions, and baby got backtions.

I'm still waiting to see something other than spooky's house of jump scares RE edition with this game, though I haven't really paid attention to it.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Wrex Brogan said:

Jandau said:
Thank you, oh benevolent Overlords, for not putting microtransactions INTO A FEKKING SINGLEPLAYER GAME!

Seriously, is this something that has to be specially announced nowadays? Have we sunk so low that we no longer consider the presence of microtransactions in a full priced AAA game something to be condemned and frowned upon, but rather their absence something deserving praise?

It shouldn't be praiseworthy, it should be the norm.
Saelune said:
I hate that this is considered news worthy.
ObsidianJones said:
I'm sorry, I get that no microtransactions is a welcomed thing although it's tragic that it has to be.

... I'm still trying to get behind the premise of this game. You're fighting Ghost girls and the people they control with shotguns? Are the main characters of this game named Sam and Dean?
spartandude said:
It saddens me that this is news worthy.
Bad Player said:
It's sad that they have to announce this.
Preach it! However, it's really just preaching to an empty church. Those who don't care about the quality of their entertainment will always far far outnumber those who do, which is why Microtransactions ever became a thing in the first place and why they will continue to plague the video game industry likely for as long as the industry exists. The norm is the absolute furthest companies think they can get away with and always has been, and because of people like those there's a lot the video game industry can get away with.