Watch the Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer Three Weeks Before Launch

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Watch the Gears of War 4 Launch Trailer Three Weeks Before Launch

Alongside the trailer comes the news that the campaign will have split-screen co-op on both PC and Xbox One.

The launch of Gears of War 4 is still three weeks away (October 11), but Microsoft and The Coalition are already rolling out the launch trailer. It's called the "Gameplay Launch Trailer," so we might see a more cinematic trailer closer to the actual launch.

It features looks at the new cast, new enemies, and even offers up glimpses of Cole and of course, Marcus Fenix.

The trailer isn't the only news about Gear of War 4. PC Gamer [http://www.pcgamer.com/gears-of-war-4s-campaign-will-have-split-screen-co-op-on-pc/] reports that the game will have split-screen co-op on PC when it launches next month.

It will also support cross-play between the Windows 10 and Xbox One versions for campaign co-op, Horde mode, multiplayer play against AI, and multiplayer versus in both private and LAN games.

Additionally, Gears of War 4 supports Xbox Play Anywhere. That means that buying the digital version on PC gives you a digital version Xbox One as well, and vice versa. If you pick up the $100 Ultimate Edition, you'll get access to the game four days early, as well as the rest of the goodies that come along with it.

Gears of War 4 launches on October 11 for PC and Xbox One.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Hmm... "Gameplay".

Anyway, if they have the balls to kill off Marcus that would pretty cool. Not that I didn't like Marcus, I actually did, but we don't see that happen all too often because AAA devs mostly stick to a main character for an entire series which I don't really like.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Aerosteam said:
Hmm... "Gameplay".

Anyway, if they have the balls to kill off Marcus that would pretty cool. Not that I didn't like Marcus, I actually did, but we don't see that happen all too often because AAA devs mostly stick to a main character for an entire series which I don't really like.
Yeah, I thought the "gameplay" bit was odd, since there was nearly no footage that I would call gameplay.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Aerosteam said:
This is what I've been assuming since it was announced Marcus would be in the game. He'll die in act 2 or 3 to raise the stakes and create narrative drama. Pretty much a
Han Solo in the Force Awakens
situation. It's just too easy and makes so much sense to include him to bring old fans back and then kill him to cut off this new series from the first trilogy.

Personally, I hope he sticks around. Despite his walking-slab-of-meat and tough guy bravado I really liked Marcus and I think the Gears story line and characters were better than many give it credit for. Plus, I've got bicep envy.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
So many questions, the biggest of which is what they hell are they fighting now? Did the Locust mutate even more? Or is this some other C.O.G secret that's come back to bite them?

Also, where the heck did all that tech come from? That looked liked an army of robots, and we clearly saw them piloting mechs. Last I checked, tech like that was extremely hard to come by after everything that went down. I mean, sure, it's been twenty-five years, but still...

Guess I'll finally be getting a Xbox One sometime in October.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
So many questions, the biggest of which is what they hell are they fighting now? Did the Locust mutate even more? Or is this some other C.O.G secret that's come back to bite them?

Also, where the heck did all that tech come from? That looked liked an army of robots, and we clearly saw them piloting mechs. Last I checked, tech like that was extremely hard to come by after everything that went down. I mean, sure, it's been twenty-five years, but still...

Guess I'll finally be getting a Xbox One sometime in October.
Read a bit about the "Swarm" from the Game informer magazine I believe. Said most of the swarm actived is coming from Locust gravesites (The sites that the COG dump due to how many bodies their were of the Locust.). So my Theory is that whatever mutated the Locust, has corrupted the area itself. Turning animals and humans a like into these monsters. So something akin to Locust.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Outcast107 said:
Read a bit about the "Swarm" from the Game informer magazine I believe. Said most of the swarm actived is coming from Locust gravesites (The sites that the COG dump due to how many bodies their were of the Locust.). So my Theory is that whatever mutated the Locust, has corrupted the area itself. Turning animals and humans a like into these monsters. So something akin to Locust.
So, in addition to fighting robots, we're potentially fighting the undead as well?

...awesome!