Gear Up for War - Battlefield 1 PC System Requirements Released

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Gear Up for War - Battlefield 1 PC System Requirements Released

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1350/1350777.jpgWith the Battlefield 1 beta behind us, EA has now released the Recommended PC Requirements for the upcoming shooter.

The Battlefield 1 beta had over 13 million participants [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168417-More-than-13-Million-People-Participated-in-the-Battlefield-1-Beta]. Prior to it kicking off, EA shared the minimum system requirements, and now they've released the recommended specs as well.

Although the recommended requirements aren't overly onerous, it looks like you'll need at least a GTX 1060 to hit them. Here's just how much rig you need:

Minimum Specs

Processor: Intel Core i5 6600K or AMD FX-6350
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
HDD Space: 50GB

Recommended Specs

Processor: Intel Core i7 4790 or AMD FX 8350 Wraith
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Internet Connection: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
HDD Space: 50GB

While they aren't asking for a bleeding edge machine, there's definitely some horsepower needed if you're going to crank Battlefield 1 to the max. If you're playing at higher resolutions, these requirements could go up even more.

Battlefield 1 is launching on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 21. If you're looking to see what's included in the Premium Pass, you can find out here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168240-Battlefield-1-Premium-Pass-Detailed-Includes-Four-Expansions-and-New-Armies].

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Adam Jensen said:
Minimum: Processor: Intel Core i5 6600K or AMD FX-6350
Well that makes no sense. Wanna bet that it will work on first gen i5?
Yeah what a joke. Pretty much all the comments I saw on the PCGamer article yesterday were of the same mind as you and me. The beta ran wonderfully on my 4670k and 1070. Dunno why they're pulling a 6600 out of their butts.

inmunitas

Feb 23, 2015
JUMBO PALACE said:
Adam Jensen said:
Yeah what a joke. Pretty much all the comments I saw on the PCGamer article yesterday were of the same mind as you and me. The beta ran wonderfully on my 4670k and 1070. Dunno why they're pulling a 6600 out of their butts.
People don't seem to be aware that these are just the specs the game has been tested on, like they won't/shouldn't claim the game runs on hardware they haven't actually tested it on.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
inmunitas said:
People don't seem to be aware that these are just the specs the game has been tested on, like they won't/shouldn't claim the game runs on hardware they haven't actually tested it on.
That's a reasonable theory, but that would actually be a pretty bad sign. If the lowest spec CPU you successfully tested your game on is the 6600K, either the minimum spec is actually rather high or their testing pool is really quite small.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
inmunitas said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
Adam Jensen said:
And why doesn't a company like DICE have an older test machine that would enable them to provide more accurate system requirements? Do they not think that's important when they're trying to sell a product?

inmunitas

Feb 23, 2015
Adam Jensen said:
inmunitas said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
Adam Jensen said:
And why doesn't a company like DICE have an older test machine that would enable them to provide more accurate system requirements? Do they not think that's important when they're trying to sell a product?
Probably need to ask them that, though I guess it being cheaper for them to only test on a limited set of configurations to be a factor.