Dragon Ball: Fusions Confirmed For Western Release

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Dragon Ball: Fusions Confirmed For Western Release

Dragon Ball: Fusions will launch in the west on December 13, 2016.

Well here's some good news for Dragon Ball fans, Dragon Ball: Fusions, Bandai Namco's upcoming 3DS RPG/Adventure, has been confirmed for a western release! This is a pretty big deal as usually, we only get the DBZ fighting games in the west, and the quirky RPGs fall to the wayside.

In Dragon Ball: Fusions, you take on the role as your own customizable avatar player, which can be one of five different races (earthling, Saiyan, Namekian, Offworlder and Alien). You and your best friend "Pinich" have asked the dragon Shenlong to create the "Ultimate Budokai world," and he responds by creating a place that has "fused" different worlds and times from the Dragon Ball universe, allowing you to meet (and fuse with) potentially any character from the entire history of the series.

As you may have gathered from the title, the fusions play a big part in the game, and as well as the ones from the show we already know (Gotenks, Vegitto) you'll be able to perform many, many more. The end of the trailer even shows five people fusing together to create some sort of grotesque mega-fusion.

[gallery=6519]

The game features a battle system that has both strategy and real-time action elements, in a somewhat similar fashion to Dragon Ball Heroes [http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Heroes].

It will release in the US on December 13, 2016. Europeans will have to wait until "February, 2017" unfortunately.

Source: Bandai Namco [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIpW-UZmp5U]

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Incoming sextuple fusion fanfic in
Coming to a Youtube channel near you, Fusion: Legend of F

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Well, it's not a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans but...but...I mean, it's better than nothing I guess. It sounds interesting but it's not sequel to Attack of the Saiyans. Holy Shit, I think I've found myself a white whale when it comes to gaming...well, a second one anyway...

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Wow, I can be a human, an alien, a different alien, something alien to us, and...Alien.

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
Most Dragon Ball games do come to the west I think, so I'm not surprised, still, this is good news.

I never liked the DB fighting games, but did enjoy Attack of the Saiyans, so it's nice to see another turn-based DB game.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Remus said:
Incoming sextuple fusion fanfic in
Coming to a Youtube channel near you, Fusion: Legend of F
I'd be surprised if a super triple/quaduruple/quintuple/sextuple fusion fanfic didn't spontaneously come into being the first day "fusion" was ever mentioned in DBZ.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
No TV and no Beerus Clan make Jack go crazy.
Still not as funny as
"All training and no play make Gohan a dull boy."

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
DaCosta said:
Most Dragon Ball games do come to the west I think, so I'm not surprised, still, this is good news.

I never liked the DB fighting games, but did enjoy Attack of the Saiyans, so it's nice to see another turn-based DB game.
As someone who has played alot of the fan translation ROMs of the older Dragon Ball RPGs, Attack of the Saiyans was easily the best Dragon Ball RPG I've ever played. Shame it didn't sell enough to get sequels made of the same style of game.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I dunno... it seemed pretty standard RPG fare to me. I'm worried the DB skin is just that; skin deep. :\

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Watching the actual trailer I notice they say it's a "collect and power up" RPG. Not a term I'm familiar with. The only thing that come to mind is something like pokemon. But I don't know how that would apply. Unless you can somehow "collect" Dragon Ball characters. Which brings up all kinds of questions.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
Dragonball needs more What Ifs? in there games, so I'll probably pick it up. And Dragonball Super has become kinda disappointing, so I need my DB fix sometime.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
I can't wait to see what Goku and Turles fused together looks like!

Seriously though, I've been hoping this would be brought across the Ocean. Kinda weird that the trailer didn't showcase the eponymous fusions of... Fusions. I mean, you see Gohillan (or is it Krilhan?) and Tiencha for a Brief bit, but that's hardly anything.

I wonder if two Oozaru can fuse together.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
What's the difference between an Alien and an Offworlder? o.o

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Danm, I was hoping there would be a Freiza race (I haven't bought Xenoverse cos I know I won't played it for long). Still I can settle for Majii Buu race.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah... you lost me at "customizable avatar." With almost any other game I'd be all over that, but with Dragon Ball it translates as "self-insert fan fiction character." Which is pretty much what Xenoverse amounted to. Then I read the part about fusing up to 5 characters together and was like "yeah I'm done." So many things I used to love about Dragon Ball I now hate because they've gone overboard with them. Fist the Super Saiyan transformations and now this. Is it any wonder that I don't count myself as a fan of this franchise anymore.