Paramount Delays Two Upcoming Horror Movies (Again)

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Paramount Delays Two Upcoming Horror Movies (Again)

<youtube=uukQ_6szDm8>

You're going to have to wait a little bit longer to see two upcoming horror movies.

It was Rings [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168244-Yes-Another-Sequel-to-The-Ring-is-Still-Happening][/i] was revealed. The film, originally titled Rings 3D, had been delayed several times before, but it looked like we finally had a release date that was set in stone. That is no longer the case.

Previously scheduled for the weekend before Halloween, Rings will now - assuming nothing changes for what feels like the tenth time - open on February 3, 2017. Taking a horror movie out of October doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but there are a good number of horror/thrillers already scheduled for October - including Ouija: Origin of Evil [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija:_Origin_of_Evil], which is coming out the week before.

In news that might come as more surprising - depending on whether or not you've been following the production history - the next chapter in the Friday the 13th [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/friday+the+13th] series has been pushed back from January 2017 to October 13, 2017. Yes, they pushed it back in order to release it on, you guessed it, a Friday the 13th. And in October! Double whammy.

The catch here is that the new film has to be released sooner than later. Fantastic Four [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/paramount][/i] franchise, it has to actually make movies or else the rights get relinquished. That deadline is running out - which should never be the case when it comes to a slasher movie. If you can't get "guy in hockey mask murders people" done after years, you might want to rethink this whole "making movies" business.

[gallery=6522]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
That's a whole lot of bleh looking films in one article there. Alongside a whole lot of facepalming news. Is this an attempt at a record? If you love something, let it go. If you don't, give it away to someone who does. I don't know, just stop hogging rights purely to make crap films out of some traditional obligation to maintain mediocrity, industry! You're embarrassing yourself. Unless it's profitable, then you're embarrassing the people. ;)

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
They do know that every film after the first RIngs Movie was crap right? Ring worked because for many americans it was an intro to J-Horror. We're kinda done with that. Especially since they keep passing up the really juicy stuff. Camn we get Biomeat made into a high budget film. They could probably turn Junjui Itos Spiral/Uzumaki into a trilogy and that's some Del Toro levels of fucked up body horror right there. But no, we kleep getting the creepy murder child thing over and over and over again.

I mean come one they could even Do Gyo and that sucka had a greatwhite shark on Mechanical spider legs. Why are they giving us the lame, boring shit? If you're going to go J-Horror get the Good J-Horror.

Worse, this looks less like the ring and more just a remake of conjuring and final destination. You know which movie I want to see? An new Pirahna's movie.

Also seriously another F13 movie? We have already had Jason in Space. It's done. The only thing left would be for him to appear as a scooby doo villain... which I would totally pay money to see.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
January, February, March, April = movie lull months that nobody can give 2 pennies about the crap that is released during those times. Yes, I do mean crap. The times that have brought such treasures as "Valentine's Day", "Mother's Day", London Has Fallen (the first was entertaining action, the sequel was unnecessary crap), and a field of other movies that just basically get dumped into that release time of the year because they cannot hold candle to the Summer Box Office releases, nor the Winter Wonders.

This push just says "these movies are garbage and audiences won't clamor for them at all.

Nov 28, 2007
Deathfish15 said:
January, February, March, April = movie lull months that nobody can give 2 pennies about the crap that is released during those times. Yes, I do mean crap. The times that have brought such treasures as "Valentine's Day", "Mother's Day", London Has Fallen (the first was entertaining action, the sequel was unnecessary crap), and a field of other movies that just basically get dumped into that release time of the year because they cannot hold candle to the Summer Box Office releases, nor the Winter Wonders.

This push just says "these movies are garbage and audiences won't clamor for them at all.
To be fair, February was also the month that brought us Deadpool.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
The problem with the new Friday the 13th is that they keep talking about how we're going to delve into Jason's origins ....and nobody actually cares about that. They've tried this before (Jason goes to hell) and that's one of the worst of the franchise. (My last one was Jason X which I actually saw in the theaters because I had, without any effort on my part, managed to see the other 9 and I figured that I might as well just bite the bullet on that one. Fun movie.)

You really just need a one-liner about regenerating tissue or whatnot and there you go.