Archer Will End at Season 10

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Archer Will End at Season 10

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/774/774365.jpg
Archer's 9th and 10th seasons will also be shorter: just 8 episodes a piece.

In a recent Archer [http://www.murmurradio.com/archive/2016/9/23/murmur-6-adam-reed] series creator Adam Reed laid out his plans for the end of the series. Even though Season 8 has yet to begin, Reed already has plans for a 9th and 10th season, which will be the series last. Further more, for those of you hoping that Season 7's reduced episode count (10 instead of the usual 13) was just a one-time thing, i'm afraid it's going to get worse, as Reed wants to have even shorter seasons going forward.

"The plan is to end Archer after season 10," Reed said. "I don't know that anybody has talked about that, but that is definitely my plan - to do eight, nine and 10. They're going be each shorter seasons of just eight episodes, and then wind it up.

"I was gonna end it after [season] eight, but then I had sort of a brain explosion of a way that I could do three more seasons and really keep my interest up. So, the three seasons that are coming up are gonna be pretty different from what has come before, and they're gonna be different from each other."

It sounds like Reed has some distinct story-lines thought up for the upcoming ArcherSeasons. We may even see something like the 5th season's Archer: Vice, which saw the team switch from being spies to drug dealers.

Season eight of Archer is set to premiere on the cable network FX in January.

Source: Polygon [http://www.polygon.com/tv/2016/10/3/13148084/archer-season-7-premiere-final]

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I hope it well end will.

Seriously though, the show is kind if getting stale.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Hmm... so first Adventure Time and now Archer? I guess it's OK, there have been plenty of stories and let's face it: At some point it's better to end a show than stick with it forever.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
'Well' end...?

Anyway, Always good to see a series have a well thought out ending planned for it. Good to see it's not going to get cancelled halfway through a resolution or suffer a fate like the Simpsons. It's been great while it lasted!

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Thank god! As much as I used to love Archer, the last few seasons have been outright bad. Let it die while there's still a shred of dignity in it...

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Probably for the better, I guess. While there was still good stuff these last few seasons, the show has run been running out of steam.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Yeah ok, the show is fine. Though I suppose smart of them to say this after the season that could have been the last one, since I never know when it will be the last.

Though why not make season 9 and 10 just season 9?

Afterwards maybe go make your next show for Adult Swim again?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
At least they're ending it on their own terms. A lot of shows I like are ending, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Gumball, Wander over Yonder. I hope Star vs the Forces of Evil stays for at least for another season. Same with Sonic Boom, that show is so much better than it needs to be.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
There are quite a few animated series ending this year.

Like with those series ending now, I'm ok with this one aswell given they were on the last straw (ISIS is gone and their new detective agency doesn't seen to be long term).

Turn out the real Archer was in the pool and still dead since he must be in there in a while. Still I can imagine that Kreger will somehow resurrect him vis his mad science.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
As much as I've loved the show, it does feel like they're running out of things to do. Spy Agency(failed), Cartel(failed), CIA adjuct(double fail), and I haven't seen the Detective Agency episodes yet but I imagine they preformed with their usual ineptness.

Yeah, I think they've only got so much left they can do. And they've already done the Under the Sea episode, the Space episode and the inside the human body episode. So unless they plan to start traveling through time and space.....actually, lets not.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I don't know. I can see why people like this series, but I just hated Archer himself. He was so unlikeable that I couldn't watch the show. Personal opinion and all that jazz.

Better to end it on your own terms then get canceled and be given three chapters to end 10 years of stories.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Adventure Time ending, Archer ending, South Park turning into satirical drama...

Well, might as well quit smoking.

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
Saltyk said:
I don't know. I can see why people like this series, but I just hated Archer himself. He was so unlikeable that I couldn't watch the show. Personal opinion and all that jazz.
I think that what's great about it is that most of the characters are pretty much cunts in the funnest and funniest way - even Cyril becomes nasty and bitter as things develop. But like you say, personal opinions.

What I do think is that things started going downhill from the beginning of series 6. It still wasn't a bad programme, but it started getting worse. I've barely enjoyed series 7 at all. And that says a lot, because I absolutely fucking love Archer before then and have seen every episode at least twice, and every episode up to the end of series 5 more times than I could be arsed to count.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Jandau said:
Thank god! As much as I used to love Archer, the last few seasons have been outright bad. Let it die while there's still a shred of dignity in it...
Really? I like Pam better as a badass then just a fat joke. Then again I only started watching it recently so I started enjoying it with the later seasons.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Worgen said:
Jandau said:
Really? I like Pam better as a badass then just a fat joke. Then again I only started watching it recently so I started enjoying it with the later seasons.
I enjoyed cocained-up Pam during the Vice season. Amber Nash is great.
"I ate so many biscuits!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98z2Xt9JXE8#t=160s

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Man, they should have ended it this season. I could barely stand to watch it. I swear, just about nothing happened throughout the whole season, and every year, the jobs they take get less and less believable. It takes a special kind of stupid to make a spy/drug cartel/private investigation agency taking jobs to feel that unbelievable.