Release Date Announced for Marvel's Iron Fist

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Release Date Announced for Marvel's Iron Fist

<youtube=1lYcmsfrI-U>

Finished Luke Cage? You can now start counting down to the next Marvel series on Netflix, Iron Fist.

By most accounts, Luke Cage [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/marvel][/i], whose first season appeared on the streaming service on Friday, September 30th.

The next series scheduled for release is Iron Fist [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/iron+fist]. As announced today, it will appear on Netflix on March 17, 2017. It is the last of the individual series prior to The Defenders, a miniseries starring all four of the lead characters we'll have seen: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist.

The Iron Fist character will be played by Game of Thrones [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/finn+jones][/i]. The plot sees Jones' character return to New York City after a 15-year hiatus in order to reclaim his family's company - only to find that it won't be that simple.

All 13 episodes of Iron Fist will be released, as mentioned, on March 17, 2017, exclusively on Netflix.

[gallery=6545]

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I keep thinking, in the back of my mind, that somehow these four characters just might have minor cameos in the final Avengers movies. I mean, it'd be nice if hey could tie all of the projects together.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
008Zulu said:
I keep thinking, in the back of my mind, that somehow these four characters just might have minor cameos in the final Avengers movies. I mean, it'd be nice if hey could tie all of the projects together.
I atleast want Luke Cage to join Captain America for his New Avengers (along with Spider-Man).

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
I wonder if they will do Luke Cage season 2 and Iron Fist season 2 or combine them into one show.

As for the idea of The Defenders joining the MCU, I could see them getting cameos when Cap gives his big "do not go gently" speech when Thanos has Earth on the ropes, but that's it, other than that I think they should keep them in their little space.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
SirSullymore said:
I wonder if they will do Luke Cage season 2 and Iron Fist season 2 or combine them into one show.

As for the idea of The Defenders joining the MCU, I could see them getting cameos when Cap gives his big "do not go gently" speech when Thanos has Earth on the ropes, but that's it, other than that I think they should keep them in their little space.
The Defenders seem perfect for one of those scenes with asynchronous sound, fighting, and losing, with a dramatic musical score while the A-listers fight the almost unbeatable Thanos.

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
shinyelf said:
SirSullymore said:

The Defenders seem perfect for one of those scenes with asynchronous sound, fighting, and losing, with a dramatic musical score while the A-listers fight the almost unbeatable Thanos.
The Defenders happen, and Thanos shows Earth what a threat really is. Then Cap tells Luke Cage to protect the people, and Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, White Tiger, Daredevil, The Punisher and Moon Knight star in Secret Avengers. Power Man and Iron Fist, Daredevil,White Tiger, and Misty Knight: Heroes for Hire are the lead ins.