Heroes of The Storm Gets New Game Mode - Hero Brawl

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Heroes of The Storm Gets New Game Mode - Hero Brawl

Hero Brawl works in a similar fashion to Hearthstone's Tavern Brawl, and Overwatch's weekly brawl.

The "Brawl" game mode that Hearthstone first popularized with Tavern Brawl [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141112-Hearthstones-New-Tavern-Brawl-Gamemode] is making its way to Heroes of The Storm as "Heroes Brawl." Just like in Tavern Brawl, Heroes Brawl has a unique set of rules that changes every week, allowing for players to enjoy the game in a much more relaxed atmosphere.

Here are just a few examples of upcoming Heroes Brawls:

Hammer Time

Hover tanks for everyone! All players on each team are Sgt. Hammers - with thrusters are permanently engaged! The cores are invulnerable so it's all about capturing towers to win!

Punisher Arena

Rack up points by killing enemy heroes and Punishers. The first team to score 100 points wins!

Lost Cavern

A standard map, except there is only one lane. How will you fare when the enemy is in your face at all times?

[gallery=6546]

Brawls will fall into one of these three subtypes: standard maps with mutators (like Hammer Time), Arena-style maps custom built for the game mode, and single-lane versions of existing maps. Just like in Hearthstone, playing Heroes Brawl will give you a reward every week, such as unique portraits and 1,000 gold packs.

Heroes Brawl will hit the HoTS PTR on October 10 and the official launch will happen during the week of October 17.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ghost Recon: Everyone plays as Nova and has to take Triple Tap for their ulti. :^)

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
how about they fix the enemies like giving them less health.
i can not wander around without an enemy killing me instantly. and i know other have complained about it as well.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:

WHY HAVE YOU NOT GIVEN HIM INVINCIBLE!!!??

WHY BLIZZARD WHY?!

I would imagine it is because Invincible is not in Heroes of the Storm and they thought Arthas riding the rainbow unicorn would be funny and other people would too.

OT: I absolutely love the brawl mode introduced in Hearthstone and I'm all for Blizzard shoving it into their games. Especially with those rewards. Good for new players and speeding my progress in getting 10k heroes and master skins.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Metalrocks said:
i can not wander around without an enemy killing me instantly. and i know other have complained about it as well.
So....don't wander? That's literally a basic element of MOBAs, especially HOTS. If you're not a ganker character, don't run off into the enemies half of the map alone and then complain that you get killed.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Protocol95 said:
Samtemdo8 said:

WHY BLIZZARD WHY?!

I would imagine it is because Invincible is not in Heroes of the Storm and they thought Arthas riding the rainbow unicorn would be funny and other people would too.

OT: I absolutely love the brawl mode introduced in Hearthstone and I'm all for Blizzard shoving it into their games. Especially with those rewards. Good for new players and speeding my progress in getting 10k heroes and master skins.
This does not amuse me at all. This is amusement for easily amused little children that never played Wacraft 3, Wrath of the Lich King, or read Arthas Rise of the Lich King.

Arthas ridding on this...thing is utter, UTTER, sacrilige.

If this was Horus from 40K riding a Pony or Archaon people would look at it and say its not right.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
Protocol95 said:
Samtemdo8 said:

WHY BLIZZARD WHY?!

This does not amuse me at all. This is amusement for easily amused little children that never played Wacraft 3, Wrath of the Lich King, or read Arthas Rise of the Lich King.

If this was Horus from 40K riding a Pony or Archaon people would look at it and say its not right.
This is serious business beyond me. We're all clearly no where near as growed up as this poster thinks he is.

Look I like Arthas, I enjoyed his story in WC3, still do, and I've read the book, but seriously, how old are you? There's really no excuse for getting this worked up about Arthas on a Rainacorn, unless you're like...14 and feel the need to be really...cringeworthingly edgy and dark and deep about everything and that anything even remotely light or humorous is for "babies" because you're so dark and misunderstood. Learn to laugh at your heroes. I fucking love Batman, who's the modern day poster boy for dark and brooding. That doesn't mean I'm not able to enjoy Adam West camping it up or the Lego Movie Batman being a pastiche of himself because it's so effin ridiculous it doesn't matter.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:

Well I'm sorry that a character you clearly cherish has been degraded in your eyes but I humbly ask that you please do understand that some people do enjoy this kind of humour. Some of these same people can laugh at this but still appreciate the tragedy of Arthas' tale. I myself have played Warcraft 3, Wrath and while I have note read it I am fairly familiar with Rise of the Lich King but found this amusing. It's on the same level as "stop poking me" quotes for me.

It's the dynamic of Heroes of the Storm, a lot of it's elements are played straight, but it's willing to laugh at itself. Thrall for instance is usually for serious, "For the horde" and such but poke him enough and he'll question why someone bothered writing a silly crossover story when that's what fanfiction is for.

To get back to the news topic somewhat, the brawl mode could be another aspect of that, albeit on the opposite end, mostly silly but a few straight moments. Hearthstone's first tavern brawl for instance was a battle Nefarian and Ragnaros. Sorry if I talked too much there, I guess I just want you to not feel so agitated by this.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
elvor0 said:
Metalrocks said:
So....don't wander? That's literally a basic element of MOBAs, especially HOTS. If you're not a ganker character, don't run off into the enemies half of the map alone and then complain that you get killed.
wow, you are funny.
there is a thing called exploring. i had no issues with any enemies in part 2, even a group of them. but in this addition, just one enemy is bringing me down like nothing. even enemies below my level. how can i explore or continue the main missions when i have to run here and there? especially when nearly every 20m you come across enemies. i dont have this luck to play with a group.
so how are you going to explain this that in part 2i had no issues but in this i do? you are going to tell everyone, who have the same complaint, the same thing you have told me?

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Metalrocks said:
elvor0 said:
Metalrocks said:
wow, you are funny.
there is a thing called exploring. i had no issues with any enemies in part 2, even a group of them. but in this addition, just one enemy is bringing me down like nothing. even enemies below my level. how can i explore or continue the main missions when i have to run here and there? especially when nearly every 20m you come across enemies. i dont have this luck to play with a group.
so how are you going to explain this that in part 2i had no issues but in this i do? you are going to tell everyone, who have the same complaint, the same thing you have told me?
Wha....? Missions? Part 2? Are you talking about Heroes of the Storm or something else?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
elvor0 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Protocol95 said:
Samtemdo8 said:

WHY BLIZZARD WHY?!

This is serious business beyond me. We're all clearly no where near as growed up as this poster thinks he is.

Look I like Arthas, I enjoyed his story in WC3, still do, and I've read the book, but seriously, how old are you? There's really no excuse for getting this worked up about Arthas on a Rainacorn, unless you're like...14 and feel the need to be really...cringeworthingly edgy and dark and deep about everything and that anything even remotely light or humorous is for "babies" because you're so dark and misunderstood. Learn to laugh at your heroes. I fucking love Batman, who's the modern day poster boy for dark and brooding. That doesn't mean I'm not able to enjoy Adam West camping it up or the Lego Movie Batman being a pastiche of himself because it's so effin ridiculous it doesn't matter.
Sarcilige aside the joke that "Arhtas rides a Raibow Unicorn" is just lame, its not funny, its humor that is made for 6 year olds imo

If you want to make a proper Joke about Arthas the Lich King, this is how you do it:

https://youtu.be/ft8lRq3sF3Q?t=48

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
elvor0 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Protocol95 said:
Samtemdo8 said:

WHY BLIZZARD WHY?!

Sarcilige aside the joke that "Arhtas rides a Raibow Unicorn" is just lame, its not funny, its humor that is made for 6 year olds imo

If you want to make a proper Joke about Arthas the Lich King, this is how you do it:

Well I didn't exactly think it was funny, I just didn't think it was worth making a fuss about it either and yelling "this is how he should be portrayed!!!11!.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
elvor0 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
elvor0 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Protocol95 said:
Samtemdo8 said:

WHY BLIZZARD WHY?!

Well I didn't exactly think it was funny, I just didn't think it was worth making a fuss about it either and yelling "this is how he should be portrayed!!!11!.
That was my initial reaction....and the fact that I am an Arthas player and still pissed that they have not give me an Invincible mount for Heroes of the Storm :p