CBS is Making a Candy Crush Game Show

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
CBS is Making a Candy Crush Game Show

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/741/741637.jpg

Candy Crush is being turned into a live-action game show, courtesy of CBS and Lionsgate.

CBS, Lionsgate, and King have announced that they are joining forces to turn mobile game franchise Candy Crush into a live-action, hour-long game show. According to the press release, the show will be distributed domestically by CBS Television Distribution and internationally by Lionsgate, with Matt Kunitz taking on the role of executive producer.

Not a lot of details have been revealed, but from the information that has released, it appears that teams will compete on "enormous, interactive game boards featuring next generation technology" while using "wits and physical agility."

"The Candy Crush franchise lends itself perfectly to the kind of larger-than-life, physical game shows that I love to produce and CBS is the perfect home for it," said executive producer Matt Kunitz. "As a Candy Crush Saga player myself, I am excited to amp up the action and visuals in our huge Candy Crush Arena."

"We're excited to work with Lionsgate and King to adapt one of the world's most popular and entertaining game franchises for television and make it available to its massive, passionate fan base who can watch and play along at home," said Glenn Geller, President, CBS Entertainment.

The host of the show has yet to be announced.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
I can see this coming in the form of a showcase game on The Price is Right but as a game show in itself there's... Well, there's just not enough there.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Now why couldn't anyone do this with Press Your Luck?
Almost the same amount of stupidity.
Less Irony if someone collapses from diabetes.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
They already make bed linen and other merchandise, so why not? You can never have too much money.

Next up, Minions!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I honestly doubt it will last long. An HOUR long gameshow? Even good gameshows cant survive that. Plus new ones rarely last.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
Well, given that the IP sold for multiple times what Star Wars did, this was pretty much inevitable.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I hope this is some sadistic horror gauntlet of fear, because that colourful image is truly terrifying. Who designed that?? Christ-in hell, keep them away from our children, but hire them for the next season of American Horror Story at least.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
My money is on Drew Carey hosting this.

I swear that guy hosts everything.

Also, that sounds like a hot mess.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Lizzy Finnegan said:
make it available to its massive, passionate fan base who can watch and play along at home
Err... what? Massive, yeah. Passionate, maybe. But are they interested enough in CC itself to sit down, watch and play along at home? I confess I'm totally out of touch with the CC fan base; but this makes me think that the executives are caring only for the "massive" of the fan base description.