Pigs Fly, Hell Freezes Over, and The Last Guardian Goes Gold

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Pigs Fly, Hell Freezes Over, and The Last Guardian Goes Gold

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1357/1357251.jpgSome thought that we might never see The Last Guardian, but it's finally gone gold.

The Last Guardian has been in development for almost a decade. It was first shown off at E3 in 2009, and has popped up at Sony press events here and there ever since. In its current incarnation, it was included in Sony's E3 2015 presentation, and after (another) delay, was slated for a release in December 2016 [http://ims.themis-media.com/module/96/ims_news/view?id=168373]. Now the long-awaited game has gone gold.

The news came from the Twitter account of Sony Japan producer Jun Yoshino, who has been working on The Last Guardian. In the tweet [https://twitter.com/liljuny/status/789479784120287232] (since deleted), Yoshino said, "Gone gold. Waddup."

It looks like The Last Guardian may actually hit its December 9 release date. If it does, the next question will be whether or not the game is worth the wait. For that, we'll just have to wait and see.

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
Yeah I don't believe it.
I say aliens swoop in and steal all copies of the game/ HDDs with the game on it.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
*consults the check list*

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
Skittles discontinues the only set that still has lime - check
Last Guardian stops being vaporware - that's a new one
HL-3 -

You guys realize we're only one step away from the apocalypse right?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I am here to tread on yet another of your dreams!

It probably won't be, massively delayed titles have a history of being rough diamonds at best (Prey) and Aliens Colonoscopy Marines at worst.

I expect even if it's good it'll be just as much of and acquired taste as Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, so probably not a huge hit.

PS, please be good please be good please be good.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
MCerberus said:

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
HL-3 -

You forgot Hunter X Hunter and Berserk ending.

Also, I can't wait to see fanart of this game with the beast replaced with Groot and it's called "The Last Guardian of the Galaxy".

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
....Whoa...I'm just trying to process just how much money might have been sunk on this project.
I've been hearing about it since the PS3 was first released and that was like a decade ago o_O

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Kudos for Sony for sticking through it and not canceling.. assuming its a competently made game. Hoping it'll be good.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Yeah yeah, they've been saying that every year for the past-Whaaaaaat?!

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
RaikuFA said:
MCerberus said:

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
HL-3 -

Also, I can't wait to see fanatic of this game with the beast replaced with Groot and it's called "The Last Guardian of the Galaxy".
Yah, but we're ignoring the worst thing about this situation: green apple skittles.
Seriously.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Cats and dogs LIVING TOGETHER! MASS HYSTERIA!!!

But here is the important question: now which game will take its place in the list of the most anticipated games that got cancelled?

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Well, I have to give it to the devs that they didn't cancel the game, but I'll probably stick to ICO.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
CaitSeith said:

But here is the important question: now which game will take its place in the list of the most anticipated games that got cancelled?
You have to ask that question?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Dalisclock said:
CaitSeith said:

You have to ask that question?
If I don't, who else will?

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
RaikuFA said:
MCerberus said:

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
HL-3 -

Also, I can't wait to see fanart of this game with the beast replaced with Groot and it's called "The Last Guardian of the Galaxy".
Meh, Berserk will never end. Now them finally getting off the damn boat, that's what's really relevant.

OT:I still don't believe it's actually coming out. I don't think I'll be able to believe even with the game in my hands.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Ushiromiya Battler said:
RaikuFA said:
MCerberus said:

Hoenn Confirmed - check
BG&E2 official - check
HL-3 -

Meh, Berserk will never end. Now them finally getting off the damn boat, that's what's really relevant.

OT:I still don't believe it's actually coming out. I don't think I'll be able to believe even with the game in my hands.
They're off the boat. Been off the boat for a while. We got a small adventure with Rickert meeting Griffeth and then Guts and company made their way to an island full of magic users and elves. Looks like they MAY be able to restore Casca if things go decent. (Note that I didn't say well. We all know nothing goes well for Guts.)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
It probably won't be, massively delayed titles have a history of being rough diamonds at best (Prey) and Aliens Colonoscopy Marines at worst.
Don't forget; TF2 and HL2 were massively delayed as well and they're classics. There's still hope!

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011

PewDiePie already has a pre-gold copy.

SO it pretty much been confirmed since last week that is basically finished.