Watch Dishonored 2's Live Action Trailer

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch Dishonored 2's Live Action Trailer

Bethesda and Arkane Studios have released a live action trailer Dishonored 2.

Ahead of Dishonored 2's November 11 release, Bethesda and Arkane Studios have released a live action trailer, titled "Take Back What's Yours."

In the video, we are introduced to live action versions of Corvo Attano and Emily Kaldwin, the game's protagonists, using their unique abilities to take down enemies.

Dishonored 2 will launch worldwide on November 11 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, although preordering the game will give players access one day early [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168528-A-Dishonored-2-Pre-Order-Gets-You-in-the-Game-One-Day-Early-New-Gameplay-Trailer].

If screenshots are more your thing, we've got those for you as well.

[gallery=6583]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Hmmmmm...Unfortunate. Personally, i think they should have stuck to an all CG trailer instead of this, as so far as it looks more like a cheesy sci-fi channel series with no consistent weight between the characters, their powers and the world. Plus the actors look more at home in perfume and Calvin Klien adverts. Eye-rolling material mainly after the shadow crawling scene.
One last niggle; Is that female vocalist like some uber-popular singstress, or is it that there is a sudden boom of popularity in that specific accent of singing, akin to that boom of male vocalists resembling the voice of Xavier Rudd almost a decade later? Because i'm hearing that voice in soooo much advertisement music, it might even be the same song, who knows.

The actual game still looks good though.

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
I've never gotten into live-action trailers. I remember Halo doing it kind of effectively, but that was all.

I think it's a twofer combination of how the actors inevitably look like cosplayers, and how the live-action jars with how the game actually looks. I end up going "wait, that's not Corvo. That mask makes no sense, how does it stay on his face? It has no straps."

Maybe that's the real reason why video game movies never work. Although I liked Doom, in a cheesy sort of way. And Hardcore Henry is essentially a video game adaptation without the video game.