In a Valley of Violence - The Western John Wick

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
In a Valley of Violence - The Western John Wick

In a Valley of Violence is the Western version of John Wick.

Read Full Article

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
On the subject of Westerns, the best one I've seen in the last decade was 3:10 to Yuma. A very excellent throwback to an all but abandoned genre. I've not seen the recent ones, the remake of Magnificent 7 or this one (and as much as I enjoyed the hell out of The Hateful 8 I don't consider it a western by my standards other than setting).
I'll wait til home release on this, but I must say I'm intrigued.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
On the subject of Westerns, the best one I've seen in the last decade was 3:10 to Yuma. A very excellent throwback to an all but abandoned genre. I've not seen the recent ones, the remake of Magnificent 7 or this one (and as much as I enjoyed the hell out of The Hateful 8 I don't consider it a western by my standards other than setting).
Yeah, the 3:10 to Yuma remake was also really good.

BTW In a Valley of Violence is a VOD title. So you can see it at home now.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Marter said:
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Yeah, the 3:10 to Yuma remake was also really good.

BTW In a Valley of Violence is a VOD title. So you can see it at home now.
Oh that's cool! I'll definitely give it a watch then.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
Wow. I come home from work, and my dad has just started watching a movie On Demand and invites me to watch it. "What's it called?" I ask. "In a Valley of Violence." He says. We watch it, we like it. It's a simple story, but fun to watch, even seeming to quote directly from John Wick at one point. I then go to my computer, visit this site, and the first thing I see is this review. Yes, it really is The Western John Wick. But, a lot funnier.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I was just talking about Tombstone to my girlfriend who I have to sit down and make watch it soon. Glad to see there's another good Western for me to check out.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Thank you for exposing more people to this extremely well crafted movie.

I've seen a LOT of movies and this was the best one in a long time. You spoiled the dog thing but that was pretty predictable and probably in a trailer somewhere. John Travolta was absolutely amazing in this one as well. All of the characters were distinct and had their moments.

Another recent well made Western that was both more serious AND more over the top was Bone Tomahawk. Not to spoil but it has one of the most brutal murders I've ever seen on screen.