#156: The Lowest Form of Humor

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Ice Pirate has gone rogue! Yes, I know they are crystals. And I know he isn't a pirate. But have you guys seen the 80's movie Ice Pirates? Classic.

Am I supposed to just accept that the CEO portrait has magically changed proportions so that the trophy no longer takes up the middle 50% of the frame height like it did two strips ago?!?!?

Great artwork, Cory. Great story Grey. It feels like every strip is a climax in this storyline. Keep it coming, brothers. You guys are the reason I look at this site 3 times a day.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
The Rogue Wolf said:
What did you expect when you gave not-Sephiroth only a "Bronze Medal" on his last quarterly review?
Well he had too! Not-Sephiroth just wasn't pulling his weight like he used to. Janet in accounting got 3 times more shipments of crystal cola sold than him! You can't forget about the corporate part of being in an evil corporation.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Okay, she got a gun and the main villain in front of her - and yet Erin decides to drop common sense and NOT shoot that guy on sight? Or am I just too pragmatic in my thinking here wanting to solve the issue the easy and obvious way?

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Bindal said:
Okay, she got a gun and the main villain in front of her - and yet Erin decides to drop common sense and NOT shoot that guy on sight? Or am I just too pragmatic in my thinking here wanting to solve the issue the easy and obvious way?
Effective in the real world, ineffective in that sort of game. He's probably got 100,000 hit points and when that bullet hits he will have 99,985. The same applies to Gunny.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Well I definitely did call captain sparkly there not giving two shit about his boss, but again it was pretty obvious that that was how it was going to go.

Devieus

Jul 30, 2014
Bindal said:
I mean, the bad guy is all the way over there, and the CEO is right here; why not try diplomacy first?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I think...I think the pink-haired one is growing on me. I wonder what it smells like. I bet candy floss.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Bad Jim said:
Bindal said:
Effective in the real world, ineffective in that sort of game. He's probably got 100,000 hit points and when that bullet hits he will have 99,985. The same applies to Gunny.
We're currently in the equivalent of a cutscene - these rules don't apply. Hence why throwing unconcious Rads at people is also a working tactic.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Bindal said:
Bad Jim said:
Bindal said:
We're currently in the equivalent of a cutscene - these rules don't apply. Hence why throwing unconcious Rads at people is also a working tactic.
In that case he'll have plot armor. Shooting him is still pointless.

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
Bindal said:
Bad Jim said:
Bindal said:
Do note that in a previous gameplay segment, Erin downed a mook using a savagely-applied tambourine. Anything goes in this particular combat system.

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
Barbas said:
I think...I think the pink-haired one is growing on me. I wonder what it smells like. I bet candy floss.
I thought you disliked the comic because it was too smug and mean-spirited.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
LenticularHomicide said:
I thought you disliked the comic because it was too smug and mean-spirited.
I usually do when it is, but this is EDA, which doesn't tend to be.

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
Barbas said:
I bet she smells of fresh cherrys

and sulfur and iodine disinfectant