UPDATED: The New Nvidia 375.86 Drivers are Messing with 10 Series Video Cards and SLI Setups

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
UPDATED: The New Nvidia 375.86 Drivers are Messing with 10 Series Video Cards and SLI Setups

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1362/1362006.jpgThe newest Nvidia drivers are causing some issues for GTX 10 series owners, as well as SLI problems for BF1 and Infinite Warfare.

UPDATE: Nvidia has released a hot fix driver to addres the memory clock issue. You can download it on Nvidia's website [http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4260].

ORIGINAL STORY: The newest drivers from Nvidia are version 375.86, and they're listed as being "Game-Ready" for Tom Clancy's The Division Survival DLC, Battlefield 1, Steep Open Beta, and Civilization VI. But even if you're playing one of those games, it sounds like you might want to hold off on installing the new driver, as it's causing issues for a number of gamers.

In a feedback thread [https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/976636/geforce-drivers/official-375-86-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-11-15-16-/] on the Nvidia forums, a number of issues have been reported and acknowledged by Nvidia. Those issues include:

Some GTX 1080/1070/1060 GPUs have had their video memory clock locked to 810Mhz
Flickering display in Battlefield 1 when using SLI
Jittery menu text in Battlefield 1 when using SLI
Flickering in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare when using SLI and a render resolution above 100
An issue with incorrect Folding at Home work units after update to R375 drivers

Nvidia appears to already be looking into the issue, but until they announce a fix, the best course of action seems to be holding off on installing the new drivers. The previous driver version is 375.70, and can be downloaded from the Nvidia website [http://www.nvidia.com].

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Wow a Nvidia driver causing problems. What a rare and shocking occurrence.

J-Dig

Oct 25, 2011
Whenever someone chirps up about PC gaming being so much better than consoles I'm always reminded of instances like this.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
RaikuFA said:
I didn't understand a single word in this article.
Short version, an NVIDIA graphics card driver is screwing things up more than usual, don't update until this is resolved (link to an earlier driver at the end of the article).

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
J-Dig said:
Whenever someone chirps up about PC gaming being so much better than consoles I'm always reminded of instances like this.
Oh no minor issues related to drivers that can be easily remedied. And will probably be fixed in a few days, PC gaming is horrible!
It's not like consoles have forced updates that can break games and not get patched ever.

KaraFang

Aug 3, 2015
I wish they'd help Microsoft fix the issue with Fallout 3... been months and it STILL won't work on the newer driver sets. (apparently, Nvidia says its due to the newer reporting method for the drivers in Win 10... they don't get on with some older games (sigh) Fallout 3 included. Damn it.)

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
Nvidia has been going full AMD for the last few month's worth of drivers. One of Nvidia's best selling points used to be its stable drivers. Unfortunately I am too scared to update my drivers nowadays. I've given AMD a lot of shit in the past, but if this keeps up I may seriously look into AMD for my next card.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
EndlessSporadic said:
Nvidia has been going full AMD for the last few month's worth of drivers. One of Nvidia's best selling points used to be its stable drivers. Unfortunately I am too scared to update my drivers nowadays. I've given AMD a lot of shit in the past, but if this keeps up I may seriously look into AMD for my next card.
Hell, AMD's drivers have actually been getting a lot better in the last year-ish.