Persona 5 Delayed to April

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Persona 5 Delayed to April

Persona 5, which launched in Japan in September, will not be releasing in the US until April.

Those of you relying on Persona 5 as a Valentine's Day date are sadly out of luck - the game's US release has been delayed to April 4, 2017, John Hardin, PR Manager at Atlus, announced in a post on PlayStation's blog today [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/].

The game was originally scheduled for release in 2014, but finally released in Japan this past September [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167363-Persona-5-September-Japanese-Release#&gid=gallery_6220&pid=1].

In an effort to soften the blow, Hardin says that the game will have dual audio for both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

"We're including it as DLC for logistical reasons, but it will be free, for forever," Hardin writes." People have been asking for this since P5 was announced, and through herculean effort from just about every division of Atlus, we managed to arrange this. This was something we especially wanted to do for the Atlus Faithful, the ones who still appreciate our English dubs and respect all the effort we put into localizing. You all are the reason we get to do the jobs we do, so we've been fighting for this for a long while, and we are glad we can make this happen for all of those who support us and love our games."

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Sweet! Great news, I was totally willing to pay for the Japanese voice acting!

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Lizzy Finnegan said:
In an effort to soften the blow, Hardin says that the game will have dual audio for both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.
Wait, it has a PS3 port?!

Well shit, now I might just have to dig my old PS3 out of wherever I put it.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I already have the 'Take Your Heart' version paid off...

I think they're gonna need to change the name of it.
:/

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
On one hand, this means another month of avoiding spoilers, which sucks.
On the other hand, it's more time to play NieR: Automata, provided that game releases close to the JP date.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Awwwww yiiiis! Finally Japanese audio! Was puking all over the place watching english P5 trailers, finally i don't have to listen to talentless mediocrity.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Arina Love said:
Awwwww yiiiis! Finally Japanese audio! Was puking all over the place watching english P5 trailers, finally i don't have to listen to talentless mediocrity.
Why, has the voice acting taken a downturn? The likes of Laura Bailey, Troy Baker, and Johnny Yong Bosch were attached to Persona 4...

OT: Oh, for fuck's sake. While I want them to make sure they get the localization right, no matter how long it takes...I'm starting to get a bit impatient. I've been excited for this game for more than three years, and now I have to wait longer.

Oh, well. Initial impressions that I've read are telling me it's gonna be worth the wait.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Guh. GUH! GUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!

I know it's probably going to be worth the wait, but it is proving to be a very long wait.

Dual audio is a neat feature, but I always liked the English audio for Persona, so I'm probably not gonna bother.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Lizzy Finnegan said:
Those of you relying on Persona 5 as a Valentine's Day date are sadly out of luck
God damn it, I guess I actually have to ask a girl out for a date for Valentines Day.
God damn it, I guess I actually have to pay attention to my girlfriend on Valentines Day.

and etc.

Aeshi said:
Lizzy Finnegan said:
Wait, it has a PS3 port?!

Well shit, now I might just have to dig my old PS3 out of wherever I put it.
If I recall correctly, PS3 version has been announced before PS4 version.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
SlumlordThanatos said:
Arina Love said:
Why, has the voice acting taken a downturn? The likes of Laura Bailey, Troy Baker, and Johnny Yong Bosch were attached to Persona 4...
Probably because, most of the prominent English voice actors are on strike..
Looking at the Cast list, I barely recognize any of them.

So F-YEAH for Dual Audio, I don't need to search a copy of the Japanese Version anymore.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Kaimax said:
SlumlordThanatos said:
Arina Love said:

So F-YEAH for Dual Audio, I don't need to search a copy of the Japanese Version anymore.
This would all have been in development well before the strike.

Besides, the talent slipped after the P4 release. The new voices in P4 Golden were hot garbage. Hopefully this isn't an issue in P5.

Honestly, I'm tired of hearing the same four people anyway.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
kordo said:
Arina Love said:
Absolute rubbish, take your weeaboo hat off for a second. The English voice overs for this series are actually some of the best for a jrpg.
Thanks for your opinion chump. As for me? Nope not even close. English voice acting in Japanese games/anime will never ever be anything more than painful mediocrity. So even best dub there is STILL can't even hold a candle to Japanese counterpart.

PS. Both Japanese and English languages are foreign to me, and i can understand both of them.

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
Arina Love said:
kordo said:
Arina Love said:
Absolute rubbish, take your weeaboo hat off for a second. The English voice overs for this series are actually some of the best for a jrpg.
Thanks for your opinion chump. As for me? Nope not even close. English voice acting in Japanese games/anime will never ever be anything more than painful mediocrity. So even best dub there is STILL can't even hold a candle to Japanese counterpart.

PS. Both Japanese and English languages are foreign to me, and i can understand both of them.
Not having dual audio is especially egregious in this case, since the Japanese cast is so ridiculously star studded. It's a good thing that they're including it.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Ftaghn To You Too said:
Arina Love said:
kordo said:
Arina Love said:

Not having dual audio is especially egregious in this case, since the Japanese cast is so ridiculously star studded. It's a good thing that they're including it.
Yep! And several of my favourite actors in it as well! They really gone all out with the seiyuu cast for this one!

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
I have already beaten the JP version but it is nice to hear there will be dual audio in the west. Madoka is Futaba, Gintama is Yuusuke, Sol Badguy is Soujirou. Fun times.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Fox12 said:
Kaimax said:
SlumlordThanatos said:
Arina Love said:

This would all have been in development well before the strike.

Besides, the talent slipped after the P4 release. The new voices in P4 Golden were hot garbage. Hopefully this isn't an issue in P5.

Would you rather have Chaos Wars?

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
RaikuFA said:
Fox12 said:
Would you rather have Chaos Wars?
Lol the hilarious Chaos War dub.
I just hope something good comes out from the Voice Actor strike. At least something that will boost the respect on voice actors and resulting in new "trained" voices. Heck, even rookie VAs in Japan is miles better than the rookies from the states.