Wood Elves Coming to Total War: Warhammer in Next DLC

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Wood Elves Coming to Total War: Warhammer in Next DLC

The next DLC for Total War: Warhammer will bring the Wood Elves to the game.

Total War: Warhammer has given real-time strategy gamers a chance to play in the world of Warhammer. Since its launch in May, we've seen the game expand to include the Beastmen and the Chaos Warriors races. In about three weeks, the game will expand again, as a new DLC will bring in the Wood Elves race.

The Wood Elves will bring the "glass cannon" playstyle to the game. Marching forth from the enchanted forests of Athel Loren, the Wood Elves will bring powerful archers with the ability to fire on the move, equip specialized ammunition, and even fire in all directions, regardless of where they are facing.

You'll also see the Wood Elves call on their woodland allies, including, "Dryads, Great Eagles, Forest Dragons and vast, ancient Treemen." There's also a new campaign resource called Amber that will allow the Wood Elves to recruit new units or progress toward a unique victory condition that requires them to grow a giant tree.

The new DLC will launch on December 8, and will run you $18.99. If you decide to pre-order, you can save 10% on official site [http://store.steampowered.com/app/534331/].

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
YES YES FOREST DRAGONS!!!

Pure uncorrupted Dragons!!!

(Well at least not corrupted as a Mutant Chaos Dragon or a Skeletal Zombie Dragon)

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Meh. Great for those who like Wood Elves, but why is there never any love for Tomb Kings? Guess I'll wait for the third Total Warhammer game, maybe they'll be in by that point...

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
This just makes me miss the old lore even more, fuck you age of sigmar/end times.

Gotta love a bit of classic goat-hunt god of death innit.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
rosac said:
This just makes me miss the old lore even more, fuck you age of sigmar/end times.

Gotta love a bit of classic goat-hunt god of death innit.
Clearly he's a Deer/Stag.
RejjeN said:
Meh. Great for those who like Wood Elves, but why is there never any love for Tomb Kings? Guess I'll wait for the third Total Warhammer game, maybe they'll be in by that point...
I am still waiting for HIGH Elves, Ogres, and Chaos Daemons.

And I am extremely curious to see how Skaven are like.

CCLegion

Apr 23, 2013
RejjeN said:
Tomb Kings was leaked to be DLC8 by dataminers around release. Wood Elves were DLC5 in the same leak and King&Warlord is listed as DLC6 in the assembly kit. Bretonnia and whatever is released around that time is likely DLC7. While some of these plans were apparently changed, I'd still bet on Tomb Kings being the next faction after they are done releasing the things they have already announced.
And I'd personally rest assured that the Tomb Kings will get love. Wood Elf army roster is pretty much complete. The missing things are mostly named characters(Araloth, Sisters of Twilight, Drycha). Outside of that, it's the Spellweavers, Glade Captains and Shadowdancers that are missing. And I'm fairly certain that CA thought that Spellweavers and Glade Captains would be redundant with Glade Lords and Spellsingers in the game.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
CCLegion said:
RejjeN said:
Tomb Kings was leaked to be DLC8 by dataminers around release. Wood Elves were DLC5 in the same leak and King&Warlord is listed as DLC6 in the assembly kit. Bretonnia and whatever is released around that time is likely DLC7. While some of these plans were apparently changed, I'd still bet on Tomb Kings being the next faction after they are done releasing the things they have already announced.
And I'd personally rest assured that the Tomb Kings will get love. Wood Elf army roster is pretty much complete. The missing things are mostly named characters(Araloth, Sisters of Twilight, Drycha). Outside of that, it's the Spellweavers, Glade Captains and Shadowdancers that are missing. And I'm fairly certain that CA thought that Spellweavers and Glade Captains would be redundant with Glade Lords and Spellsingers in the game.
Huh... Guess I'll eat my words if that gets announced. Unusual for Tomb Kings to get any focus at all, especially given how they've been practically written out of the Age of Sigmar canon. The most I've seen from games was a pve/pvp zone for the Warhammer online game...

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I typically don't buy much of the DLC for Total War Games. Nothing has interested me so far but I might get this one. I like elves.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Czann said:
Funny that one of the least popular factions got a DLC so soon.
Lore and geographic reasons is the why the more popular factions are not here yet:

The current game is based entirely on the "Old World" part of the Warhammer World (Which looks eerily like real world earth)

Where the Old World is is in the "Europe" part of the Old World:

Hence why only Beastmen and Wood Elves are the ones being added, The only other one that could be added within the Old World map is the Skaven since Skavenblight is in the Area between "Spain" and "Italy" are, and Chaos Daemons though really both of those factions will most likely be added in a much later Napoleon/Atilla like expansion.

High Elves live in Ulthuan, Dark Elves live in Naggaroth (Canada), Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs live in the Dark Lands, Tomb Kings are in what is basically Egypt/Middle East area, and the Lizardmen in Lustria (the Americas)

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Every time a new DLC for TW:W comes out, i push my buying date back with 3 months.

Upside is i will get the whole thing for a steal.

Jan 12, 2012
Samtemdo8 said:
The current game is based entirely on the "Old World" part of the Warhammer World (Which looks eerily like real world earth)
I wouldn't say 'eerily', more 'deliberately designed after the real world, with all the classical national stereotypes fitting into the appropriate populations.' Scrub the names off an Old World map and you could convince someone it's actually an early map from the Age of Sail (though Ulthuan might be a bit of a problem).