You May Soon be Able to Buy Hearthstone Cards With World of Warcraft Gold

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
You May Soon be Able to Buy Hearthstone Cards With World of Warcraft Gold

Use one addiction to feed another.

The folks over at "WoW Tokens" [http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1961-coming-soon-maybe-buying-hearthstone-packs-with] directly into their battle.net balance. Since WoW Tokens can be bought for in-game gold, you'll theoretically be able to use your World of Warcraft gold to buy Hearthstone packs, Blizzard games, and merchandise!

The game's 7.15 PTR patch [http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6118-Patch-7-1-5-PTR-Build-23038] revealed several strings that seemed to deal with transferring a WoW Token's balance to your battle.net account. For example:

TOKEN_REDEEM_BALANCE_DESCRIPTION (New) - Add %s to your Battle.net Balance?
TOKEN_COMPLETE_BALANCE_DESCRIPTION (New) - %s will be added to your Battle.net Balance. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.

Furthermore, at BlizzCon this year during a Q & A session, the WoW team stated that "They're looking into making the WoW Token be able to be used for other services as well like Character Transfer, Faction Change, or Battle.net Balance."

Battle.net balance can only be used to purchase Blizzard games or services, such as World of Warcraft character transfers, Overwatch loot boxes, and of course Hearthstone packs.

The WoW Token is an in-game "item" that can either be purchased for real money and sold for gold, or purchased for gold and exchanged for World of Warcraft game time.

Source: Hearthpwn [http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1961-coming-soon-maybe-buying-hearthstone-packs-with]

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hearthstone should have been a game within World of Warcraft.

Like the card games in Final Fantasy 8 and 9 and Gwent in Witcher 3.

I mean you have Pet Battles Blizz bring over Hearthstone in WOW :p

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Samtemdo8 said:

Hearthstone makes a lot of money on mobile why lose that to have it in WoW?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:

Nah. There's no reason why someone should have to play a MMO just to play a CCG. Besides, Gwent is already its own thing outside Witcher.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Jsan the Candyman said:
P-89 Scorpion said:
Hearthstone makes a lot of money on mobile why lose that to have it in WoW?
It could make sense to play it within WoW and go up against people playing with the app.
Or people playing WoW could...you know...just log out and hop on Hearthstone since that's what they'll be playing anyways. Why bother logging into a game just so you can play another game that you already have?

I'm looking forward to this if it turns out. Free skins in HotS? Yes, please. Free boxes in OW? Yes, please.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:

No, it absolutely shouldn't. I don't want to have 40 GB of absolutely nothing installed and paying a monthly subscription just so that I can play Hearthstone. And what about the phone game? Are you insane? Do you comprehend what you're suggesting?

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
What would have been good is if they put a limited version of it in WOW. Just vs AI so we had something to do while waiting for the hour long Draenor dungeon/raid ques.

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
BiH-Kira said:
Samtemdo8 said:

No, it absolutely shouldn't. I don't want to have 40 GB of absolutely nothing installed and paying a monthly subscription just so that I can play Hearthstone. And what about the phone game? Are you insane? Do you comprehend what you're suggesting?
What he means is what I'd like to see as well, and that is have it integrated in WoW so you could walk up to people and play vs them, maybe with a little table that your characters sits down with. The actual Hearthstone game would play out on the same servers or whatever that the stand-alone and mobile game uses, they simply link it up to it.
So you would by no means need to have WoW, you just have the ability to play it in that game as well.

It would be an addition, not a replacement.

I'd really like to see this, as it would be much more personal to me than finding people in a list. If I could buy the cards with WoW gold too I'd actually get some cards and play the game too.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
BiH-Kira said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Yes. And I don't care about concequences, anything to enrich World of Warcraft.

I don't play on a smart phone so I don't care.

Atratzu

Aug 14, 2016
Spending WOW gold to get hearthstone cards is a very interesting idea, the conversion sounds too high for me though. Blizzard is insane about how much they cross promote their games. Isn't that cannibalizing their player base though?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Atratzu said:
Spending WOW gold to get hearthstone cards is a very interesting idea, the conversion sounds too high for me though. Blizzard is insane about how much they cross promote their games. Isn't that cannibalizing their player base though?
Yes and no. The idea is to get you interested in buying another one of their games at which point they'll already have your money so they won't care if you never touch that game again.

InflatableHippo

Feb 13, 2016
Country
usa
At the time of posting a single wow token costs 59,083 gold to buy from the AH. A single token would have to be able to buy a MINIMUM of 10 hearthstone packs for me to give a shit about this conversion system.