Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Getting Karak Azgaraz DLC Alongside Biggest Patch Yet

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Getting Karak Azgaraz DLC Alongside Biggest Patch Yet

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1363/1363917.jpgThere's a new DLC coming to Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide, bringing new maps and weapons, alongside the biggest patch yet for the game.

Fatshark has announced that there is a new DLC for Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide in the works, and it will take players to the dwarven fortress of Karak Azgaraz. As with every other location you visit in the game, the fortress is overrun with Skaven ratmen.

There are three new maps in the DLC. Fatshark describes them thusly:

"Battle the Skaven in the ancient halls of the Dwarfen Khazid Kro, made of cold stone and old technology. Explore the mountains in search of The Cursed Rune. Finally, make your way to the top of the mountain to light the first beacon and trigger the Chain of Fire."

Also included in the DLC are two new weapons. There's a Warpick for the Dwarf Ranger, and a Falchion for the Witch Hunter.

There's no release date for the new DLC just yet, but you can jump into a beta test for the DLC< if that's your thing. You can find all the details for that beta on this page [http://promo.fatsharkgames.com/beta/].

Also included in the beta is the newest (and largest) patch for Vermintide to date. The new patch incorporates an enormous amount of changes, from balance tweaks to bug fixes to class changes. You can read the full, multi-page list of changes in this thread [https://steamcommunity.com/app/235540/discussions/1/152390014786580778/] on the game's Steam community page.

The Karak Azgaraz DLC will run $8.99 when it releases. The game's 1.5 patch will presumably release alongside that DLC.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Glad to hear it, chums. The tide needs de-bugging. I hope the maps are steadily upgraded with more in the way of interesting furniture.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
This is one of the few games I'm legit sad my crappy lappy can't play. It looks hella fun, and there's something childlike, something sweet and innocent about whacking rats in the head with a hammer. Reminds me of going to pizza parties and playing whack-a-mole to get enough tickets to get one of those shitty sticky hands...you know, before Chuck E Cheese became a jump scare metaphor for child murder.

Although fuck Pasqually. That dude is literally the most terrifying thing in existence. If you want to know what the Skaven and Pyramid Head have nightmares about, its being in an room with Pasqually and a plate of cold pizza.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
This is one of the few games I'm legit sad my crappy lappy can't play. It looks hella fun, and there's something childlike, something sweet and innocent about whacking rats in the head with a hammer. Reminds me of going to pizza parties and playing whack-a-mole to get enough tickets to get one of those shitty sticky hands...you know, before Chuck E Cheese became a jump scare metaphor for child murder.

Although fuck Pasqually. That dude is literally the most terrifying thing in existence. If you want to know what the Skaven and Pyramid Head have nightmares about, its being in an room with Pasqually and a plate of cold pizza.
I got a PC desktop with a 1070 in it and currently enjoying playing Warhammer: Total War on Ultra specs.

Sucks to be you.

Hope Dawn of War 3's specs will be merciful.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Smilomaniac said:
With the upcoming Deathwing game in the same sort of gameplay genre, I know where my money is going. The DLC sounds a tiny bit lackluster, but the patch is intriguing.
I wouldn't hold my breath on Deathwing.

Have you seen the early beta footage? Game is a dumpster fire.

I'm a bit disappointed with how the DLC has turned out for vermintide. I get that they're only a small studio, but I feel they just took far too long getting the initial patches and new content out to the point people have forgotten about it now. I was hoping we'd have a bunch of new classes by now, but instead the best they seem to have managed was a few new maps and a couple new weapons :/