Ark: Survival Evolved Gets a PlayStation 4 Release Date

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Ark: Survival Evolved Gets a PlayStation 4 Release Date

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1364/1364555.jpg

Ark: Survival Evolved hits PS4 next week.

In a post on the Ark: Survival Evolved website [https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/ark-survival-evolved-stomps-onto-the-playstation-4-r354/], it was revealed that the game will be making its way to PlayStation 4 next week, on December 6th.

The PS4 version will be available as the Ark: Survivor's Pack in North America and Europe, bundling the base game and the Scorched Earth expansion for $54.99. While European players can pick these up separately, the post states that the team was "not able to release the content as two standalone items for the North American regions, until Spring 2017."

The post also promises a "constant stream of major updates packed with new dinosaurs, weapons, armour, mechanics, and lifestyle improvements, in approximate tempo with the other platforms," leading up to the game's final release in Spring 2017.

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
so they are releasing it to consoles whilst still in early access or what? this is going to far.....

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Oh for fuck's sake. I know this game is actually fairly well put together, and that Scorched Earth was actually fairly well received, but can they please FINISH the game before they release it outside of Steam?

Rabaid Sith

Aug 4, 2016
Say what you will about Early Access, love it hate it, something in between. But at the very least Steam abd XBone both have programs for games still being developed. PSN does not have this sort of thing. So if you release on Play Station you are releasing as a finished product.

This is going to be 7 Days to Die all over again.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Oh they're pulling the Overwatch and making consoles buy the Deluxe Edition instead of the regular one with no explanation given. Well, thats money saved (hypothetically, I'm so full up on games right now it'd be awhile anyways)

(Actually, they're not quite at Overwatch's level, since the bonuses in the Deluxe Edition are actually usable on the platform)

Rabaid Sith said:
Say what you will about Early Access, love it hate it, something in between. But at the very least Steam abd XBone both have programs for games still being developed. PSN does not have this sort of thing. So if you release on Play Station you are releasing as a finished product.

This is going to be 7 Days to Die all over again.
Playstation has a bunch of Early Access titles, labelled as such. Paragon being the main one that gets much attention. They're a bit more restrictive on the required functionality, I think most of the titles would technically be Beta in conventional development phases. But I'm curious what the implied distinction is.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I had to uninstall it because the 200mb updates were damn near daily and constantly slowed down my other games, like Overwatch and Rocket League.
Also, somehow nobody on my Steam group plays it. Plenty own it but I don't really enjoy running around on it alone. It's so demanding, it's just easier to play Minecraft.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
1000 + hours in this game, it's addicting, run an alpha tribe on an official PvE server. Sunk so many hours into it, I did an 18 day (real life days) Giga raise, she is 180 now with 280 melee and 100 percent imprint. Got Scorched Earth at realse, part of a tribe on SE offical PvE have a 243 lightening wyvern with 516 melee. Game is a Hell of a lot of fun especially with friends. Might want to steer clear of the console versions though, friend bought the XBox one first, looks awful and plays worse. He wanted what my screen shots look like, some epic, mostly high. Got some videos on Youtube for those interested in seeing what it is like.

My Giga, Gozer vs a level 40 wild Giga

Gozer vs an Alpha Rex and a Titan

My wyvern Nyarlathotep (Narly for short) vs two Alpha Death Worms and an Alpha Wyvern

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Strelok said:
1000 + hours in this game, it's addicting, run an alpha tribe on an official PvE server.
Ark is one of the best early access games. I bought in when I saw they added Frogs that you could saddle and ride; not a bit of regret about it. Even if they never reached a 1.0 or did any further updates, the came is pretty much complete. The fact that they are going to add a lot more content is just icing on the cake. I have hundreds of hours into the PC version, and the release of The Center map makes it even more exciting.

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
Is that on ps4, there will be the possibility to play alone or with his friends on a private map? As on PC ...