Watch: New Zelda: Breath of the Wild Trailer, Gameplay

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch: New Zelda: Breath of the Wild Trailer, Gameplay

As promised, we got a new look at upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at The Game Awards 2016.

Nintendo debuted new The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild footage during The Game Awards 2016, showing off a new trailer during the pre-show and new gameplay footage later in the evening.

While the trailer is brief, it's still new, and shows Link fighting monsters, riding horses, and adjusting to "Life in the Ruins," in the upcoming open world game.

The second video features about three minutes of gameplay where we can watch Link fight, eat, die, and fight some more, all in an area we haven't seen before.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is set to release in 2017 on the Wii U and Nintendo Switch - although rumors indicate it won't be available when the Switch launches in March [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168832-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Will-Reportedly-Miss-Nintendo-Switch-Launch#&gid=gallery_6622&pid=1].

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
The only game that was shown proper (If pretty shoddy framerate Wii U) gameplay. I did have a small chuckle seeing the Treehouse guy get killed before handing it off to the buddy.

And huzzan, more life than just enemies! :D Definitely enjoying the art style Nintendo went with for the game.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
Finally they show off settlements and NPCs to interact with.
That's been in the series since Zelda II.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
InsanityRequiem said:
Definitely enjoying the art style Nintendo went with for the game.
It's like Wind Waker had a baby with Twilight Princess and I love it so much. It makes me want to get a Nintendo Switch so freakin' bad.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Cowabungaa said:
InsanityRequiem said:
It's like Wind Waker had a baby with Twilight Princess and I love it so much. It makes me want to get a Nintendo Switch so freakin' bad.
I hate it, I want this art style back:

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
Cowabungaa said:
InsanityRequiem said:
I hate it, I want this art style back:

I'm not seeing much in the way of difference, apart from BotW having a softer color palette and having smaller... apples.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Anyone thinks the first female figure could be a female Link?

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
I can't say I dig the washed-out pallette, could really go for something livelier and more colourful, like Windwaker. But the game itself looks really promising.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Now just hoping that the Switch is a proper console so I have to buy that, and then this.
If the Switch isn't what the teasers have shown it to be, or it isn't a significant improvement on the WiiU, I don't think I will be getting it. I am tempted though to play this new game on a new machine.

This looks really good in my opinion. Enjoyed Xenoblade X a lot, and this is also an open world RPG.