Try out Ragnaros on Heroes of The Storm's PTR Right Now

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Try out Ragnaros on Heroes of The Storm's PTR Right Now

You can try Ragnaros out on Heroes of the Storm's PTR right now.

One of the coolest things Blizzard revealed at BlizzCon this year was Ragnaros for Heroes of The Storm [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168772-Heroes-of-The-Storm-Ragnaros-And-Varian-Wrynn-Reveal#&gid=gallery_6611&pid=1]. He looked to be one of the most unique heroes in the game, with his ability to take over friendly and enemy forts and become a "raid boss". Now, you can get your hands on him in the game's public test realm, as well as have a look at his in-depth hero spotlight to the right.

Also included in the latest PTR iteration is a rework of everyone's favorite map: the Haunted Mines. It's received the following changes:

Grave Golems now spawn in fixed positions in each lane, and switch lanes each time they are summoned.
The layout of the Underground Mines has been reworked, and the Neutral Grave Golem can now be found at its center.
The upper level's center area has been reworked.
Additional Mine Entrances have been placed to the East and West of the Battleground's center area, for a total of 4.
A Mercenary Camp has been placed near each Mine Entrance, featuring Siege Giants at the East and West Entrances, and Sappers in the North and South.

Check out some images of both Ragnaros and the Haunted Mines update below:

[gallery=6659]

We don't know when all these goodies will hit the live servers but stuff is usually on the PTR for a week or so before going live.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Weird as this may sound, I'm actually more excited to have Haunted Mines back than Ragnaros.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I remember a while back that they weren't going to add Ragnaros into HotS in a hero capacity because he was just too large of a character, and it wouldn't fit in. I must say, though, I am really impressed with his implementation. I suppose this opens the door to other massive characters like Deathwing.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ah Ragnaros, classic boss.

Laggyteabag said:
I remember a while back that they weren't going to add Ragnaros into HotS in a hero capacity because he was just too large of a character, and it wouldn't fit in. I must say, though, I am really impressed with his implementation. I suppose this opens the door to other massive characters like Deathwing.
My idea for Deathwing is make him like Dragon Knight in DOTA 2.

Where he starts in his human form until he reaches level 10 where his Heroic is turning into his Dragon Form. He loses that form when he dies and has to wait a very long cooldown to use it again, I say 3-5 min cooldown.

The upgraded version he never loses his Dragon Form.