Nintendo Shows Off Switch and Breath of the Wild Live on The Tonight Show

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Nintendo Shows Off Switch and Breath of the Wild Live on The Tonight Show

Last night's Tonight Show featured the Nintendo Switch, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and even Miyamoto.

We've all kind of gotten used to the fact that Jimmy Fallon likes video games. He regularly invites game companies onto his show, and we've seen plenty of new footage make its debut there. Last night's show was no different, with Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime and designer Shigeru Miyamoto making an appearance.

Ostensibly, the highly recognizable Nintendo pair were there to show off Super Mario Run, the new side-scrolling mobile game. But once that was done, Reggie revealed one more thing: The Nintendo Switch.

In addition to showing off the hardware, there was also a brief demo of the newest Legend of Zelda game, Breath of the Wild. Although there didn't appear to be anything that we haven't seen before, it was the first time we've gotten a live look at the system.

We likely won't hear much more on Switch until Nintendo's January 12 event. That's when we expect to learn more about the machine, including a specific release date in March, and of course, how much the thing will cost.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
Take that everyone who said the Switch had a framerate drop when you take it out of the dock. and i gotta say i feel like i could defeat the anti-spirals with the erection this video gave me.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Zacharious-khan said:
Take that everyone who said the Switch had a framerate drop when you take it out of the dock. and i gotta say i feel like i could defeat the anti-spirals with the erection this video gave me.
I'm impressed you were able to tell the FPS from an odd angle over the shoulder shot with the screen constantly moving on a 30fps Youtube video.

The fact remains that until we actually get specs and tech people actually testing it out, everything is pure speculation and rumors.
So I'll continue to roll my eyes at people who think the Switch is going to be as good if not better than the XB1 or PS4 at 1080 and 60fps all crammed into something the size of a tablet.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
Rednog said:
I'm impressed you were able to tell the FPS from an odd angle over the shoulder shot with the screen constantly moving on a 30fps Youtube video.
I mean, I do have this awesome super power called sight. I can even focus it on parts of the whole of my vision if it becomes nessasary. A burden, yes, but I do what I can to point out the blantantly obvious.

The fact remains that until we actually get specs and tech people actually testing it out, everything is pure speculation and rumors.
So I'll continue to roll my eyes at people who think the Switch is going to be as good if not better than the XB1 or PS4 at 1080 and 60fps all crammed into something the size of a tablet.
It won't, that's a weird thing to expect.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Damn, this guys enthusiasm... I genuinely *love* it!!!

Who knows? I might even give Super Flappy Run a try.
I mean, that's the core mechanic, isn't it? One button, no stopping...

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Zacharious-khan said:
It wasn't exactly based on nothing though. Like, during the reveal trailer for the Switch the tacked on screengrab was a bit choppy.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
Dragonbums said:
It wasn't exactly based on nothing though. Like, during the reveal trailer for the Switch the tacked on screengrab was a bit choppy.
this is a list of true statements. Although even with the somewhat esoteric path nintendo is taking I would hope people would be hesitant to believe a console would ship with a blazing 5fps.