Pokemon Go Players Have Walked More Than 8.7 Billion Kilometers

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Pokemon Go Players Have Walked More Than 8.7 Billion Kilometers

Pokemon Go players have made 200,000 trips around the Earth.

Pokemon Go developer Niantic Labs has released a video detailing some of the game's more impressive stats, like the fact that players have traveled a staggering 8.7 billion kilometers collectively. According to the company, that equates to more than 200,000 trips around the world, and it would take a commercial jetliner over 1,000 years to travel the same distance. During their travels, players have caught over 88 billion Pokemon, coming out to roughly 533 million per day.

In other Pokemon Go news, Niantic has disputed rumors [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169063-Pokemon-Go-Apple-Watch-Not-Cancelled] that the previously announced Pokemon Go app for the Apple Watch has been canceled, saying only that it is "coming soon."

Additionally, Niantic recently added a few new Pokemon to mobile title Pokemon Go, and Togepi and Pichu [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168893-Pokemon-GO-Adds-Ditto], which can each be hatched from eggs, along with a special holiday themed Pikachu.

Apr 17, 2009
According to the company, that equates to more than 200,000 trips around the world, and it would take a commercial jetliner over 1,000 years to travel the same distance.
No no no, I only pay attention to large distances if its in terms of getting to the moon and back

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
spartandude said:
And I would walk 500 more. Rattata, rattata, rattata.
Came in to see if this was in the article, being in the first 2 comments isn't bad.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
I wonder if this distance includes the distance people fell, got propelled back from running into inanimate objects or getting thrown from objects hitting them. The thread's title indicates walking, but the description, instead, says "traveled".

Call me morbidly curious...

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
According to the company, that equates to more than 200,000 trips around the world, and it would take a commercial jetliner over 1,000 years to travel the same distance.
No no no, I only pay attention to large distances if its in terms of getting to the moon and back
it's a little bit more than the walking distance between the sun and pluto...