Blizzard Celebrates Christmas By Giving Players 5 Free Overwatch Loot Boxes

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Blizzard Celebrates Christmas By Giving Players 5 Free Overwatch Loot Boxes

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1369/1369673.png
Blizzard is celebrating Christmas by giving all Overwatch players five free loot boxes!

Merry Christmas everyone! Even if you don't have any presents under the tree this year, Blizzard has got you covered. As a little gift to all of its loyal Overwatch fans, the developer has awarded all current players of the game five free lootboxes! To claim your boxes simply log into the game before January 2nd.

"It's truly been an eventful and amazing year, and we wanted to take a moment to thank you for being a part of it," wrote Blizzard in a blog post. "We could not have done this without the tremendous support, passion and enthusiasm that you've shown for Overwatch."

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Your title is misleading and you should feel bad. I thought Blizzard was giving away copies of Overwatch for free until I actually read the article.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Kajin said:
Your title is misleading and you should feel bad. I thought Blizzard was giving away copies of Overwatch for free until I actually read the article.
My bad, the ssystem cut it short for some reason

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Steven Bogos said:
Kajin said:
My bad, the ssystem cut it short for some reason
My hopes of getting to play Overwatch have been dashed most expertly, sir. Bravo.
/joke

Ah well. System glitches happen. I'll be disappointed if someone doesn't leave a lump of coal on the IT guy's desk.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Opened my free boxes...and got 5 middle fingers. Thanks Blezurd...

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
Kibeth41 said:
RJ 17 said:
Opened my free boxes...and got 5 middle fingers. Thanks Blezurd...
If the RNG system uses the same pity timer formula as Hearthstone (which we may soon find out thanks to Chinese law), then you could consider it 5 junk chests burned to a Legendary.
i got 3 legendaries from them. 2 were coins and one was a duplicate. so yeah. my luck sucks eitherway

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
I got a few nice things from mine. Widow's Christmas Highlight (a shame I'm so bad at her, so I'll never get to show it off), Mei's legendary skin and a couple of other purples.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Best thing I got was Symmetras snowflake highlight intro, really lovely.

Every other christmas iten was dups or sprays, and nothing to shout about from the regular items.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
bjj hero said:
I wonder why they did this with overwatch but not hearthstone?

Odd.
Because Hearthstone is free to get in to, Overwatch does have an entry fee. I think that may be why perhaps?

I got Symmetras Snowflake intro as well, also Meis Legendary skin that was causing the fuss a little while ago too.