Blizzard Announces a New Raid is Coming to World of Warcraft: Legion

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Blizzard Announces a New Raid is Coming to World of Warcraft: Legion

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1372/1372160.jpgThe newest raid for World of Warcraft: Legion has been announced, and it's set in Suramar.

The newest raid for World of Warcraft: Legion is called "The Nighthold." Found in Suramar, The Nighthold houses a font of arcane energy and 10 bosses, including the dreadlord Tichondrius and Gul'dan himself.

The official description reads,

"The largest structure in the Broken Isles and among the grandest in all of Azeroth, the Nighthold stands as a testament to the achievements of the nightborne civilization. Centered around the Nightwell, the fount of arcane power that has sustained Suramar for centuries, these grounds were built as a haven from the worries of the world. But as a felstorm churns above the former temple of Elune across the bay, and Gul'dan himself now resides within the palace's walls, those worries now begin - not end - here."

As has been the case with recent raids, Blizzard plans to make the raid tiers available in phases. Here's the official schedule:

Tuesday, January 17: Nighthold Normal and Heroic difficulties open.
Tuesday, January 24: Nighthold Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder Wing 1 (Arcing Aqueducts) open.
Tuesday, February 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 2 (Royal Athenaeum) opens.
Tuesday, February 21: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 3 (Nightspire) opens.
Tuesday, March 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 4 (Betrayer's Rise) opens.

You can find a full list of bosses and a preview of each over in the official raid preview on the World of Warcraft website [https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20407404/raid-preview-the-nighthold]

[gallery=6754]

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
All I can say is that it's about damn time...

Any word on if this is going to be the launch of the full 7.1.5 patch or is this only going to be the raid?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
RJ 17 said:
That's StarCraft, not Warcraft. ^_^

Final7111

Aug 6, 2011
Man O man look at that lovely gating! 1 week before you can even start mythic/LFR then 2 weeks inbetween each wing.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
RJ 17 said:

Any word on if this is going to be the launch of the full 7.1.5 patch or is this only going to be the raid?
Patch will probably come out the week before. They said they want to give people time to get used to class changes before the raid opens.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
well it's almost time to kick Gul'dan's ass. I'm happy they actually save him for a few patches rather than dumping him at the beginning like what they did with most of the warlords

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Wow, I honestly forgot this game was still going right now. How does it survive when there's an army of games literally pouring out of the wood works that offer more content at this point? I tried going back into it for nostalgia, but it just doesn't hold up.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Colt47 said:
Wow, I honestly forgot this game was still going right now. How does it survive when there's an army of games literally pouring out of the wood works that offer more content at this point? I tried going back into it for nostalgia, but it just doesn't hold up.
Because it still a good game. A game that has been polished up and updated for years now.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Let the invasion begin, I have no sympathy for the Nightborne.

Colt47 said:
How does it survive when there's an army of games literally pouring out of the wood works that offer more content at this point?
Because those games will come and go the same way Trading Card Games do, but Magic the Gathering hangs around.

I've taken a look at some of the higher anticipated mmos coming out in 2017, honestly they don't look like anything really special. WoW might be outdated but you can't kill it if you're still copying it. They just don't feel like a big enough departure to move the genre forward.

Ultimatecalibur

Sep 26, 2010
I've known about dueling games, but this is the first time I've seen dueling content patches. FFXIV is launching its 3.5 patch on January 17th as well.

Broderick

May 25, 2010
I dont like being that guy, but the only information thats new here is the release date. We have known about the nighthold raid since the beta of legion.

All that aside, it will be nice to finally beat the crap out of gul'dan after all the shit he caused. After nighthold, we are going to Argus, the old draenei homeworld, which was turned into one of the main legion worlds long ago. After that, well, a specific boss in emerald nightmare suggests that old gods may be involved after argus. Only time will tell what actually happens though.

InflatableHippo

Feb 13, 2016
Country
usa
Man its WoD all over again 7 bosses in 1 raid at the start and then fucking months later we get the 10-12 boss raid. Its worse than WoD actually since it was 2 months since BRF came out while Legion its 4.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Colt47 said:
How does it survive when there's an army of games literally pouring out of the wood works that offer more content at this point?
Maybe you're playing for different reasons than others though, because I play alot of games, there is not a single one I can name with more content on offer than WoW, if it's your cup of tea. The problem is there's just way too much of it, and it hasn't been re-paced in line with the leveling experience since cataclysm. It needs it but not at the expense of new updated content, which is where cataclysm stumbled hard. End game, I mean where to start, if you intend to do everything I suggest a couple of years leave of life.

InflatableHippo said:
Man its WoD all over again 7 bosses in 1 raid at the start and then fucking months later we get the 10-12 boss raid. Its worse than WoD actually since it was 2 months since BRF came out while Legion its 4.
Dude, 2 months is appallingly badly paced. And fast. Are you just doing LFR or actually attempting a higher difficulty like Mythic, because if they paced it like WoD, we'd be at the Tomb of Sargeras for another year which is bad for everyone. Don't ask Blizzard to pace in line with other games, their level of quality will never allow it. Try and shoot for a higher difficulty of raiding, or take a break from the game when you've smashed it in your top 500 guild and try something else like arenas or another game.

And let me set it out for you so you know, Highmaul, the 7 boss raid at the start of WoD you wanna know how many guilds cleared it at Mythic Difficulty before the release of Blackrock? Approximately 400 guilds. FOUR. HUNDRED. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? NO WAY, WAS ANYONE, EXCEPT LFR AND THE ELITE TOP RAIDING SCENE, READY FOR BLACKROCK.

I even think 4 months is pushing it a bit, I wish they'd waited til february. The top 1000 guilds might be done with Emerald Nightmare and roughly half that many with Trial of Valour, but the 8000 remaining between them and the LFR/normal pug crowd are still working slowly through things. Try to consider who the majority is.