Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Order Bonuses Are Now Free For All

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Pre-Order Bonuses Are Now Free For All

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1372/1372848.jpg
A free patch for Mankind Divided has awarded all players with the game's various pre-order bonuses.

If you didn't pre-order Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and are now worried that the exclusive pre-order DLC will never be obtainable, fret not, for Square Enix has quietly released a patch today that makes said DLC free for all players! Hooray, I guess, for proving just how stupid and pointless pre-order culture is.

The pack contains the Desperate Measures extra in-game Mission, a compilation of skins for Adam's armor and trench coat, a re-skinned pistol and combat rifle, and various consumables. It was previously exclusive to those who pre-ordered the game on Steam, or via various participating retail partners.

PC users will simply find the extra content added as soon as they boot up the game, while Xbox One and PS4 owners will have to download the free DLC from their respective in-game stores.

Three digital books, the novella Deus Ex: Hard Line, written by James Swallow, the mini-comic The Dawning Darkness, and a mini-artbook are also available for free through this link [https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://weblet.square-enix.com/banner.php?id=7d8949bcbf85067fceda9f84a6affb6b].

Source: Steam [http://steamcommunity.com/games/337000/announcements/detail/641034377684596720]

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Still bullshit that the preorder bonuses were single use only. Making Square-Enix reside somewhere near Ubisoft level greedyness. Basically the whole preorder system for this game showed how not to do it.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Man, they really backpedalled hard from the stupid 'Global Pre-Order' shit they ate so much shit over. Shame Squeenix figured 'Well, these people don't like Pre-orders... how about Microtransactions? I hear gamers talk about those all the time!' and hot-glued a bunch of shitty, over-priced pay-to-win microtransactions to a single-player RPG.

So, you know, cool people can access this content (save the consumables) without needing to do a shitty pre-order, but any good will they might've earned is wasted considering all the dumb shit Squeenix has done to this game anyway.

MercurySteam said:
Still bullshit that the preorder bonuses were single use only. Making Square-Enix reside somewhere near Ubisoft level greedyness. Basically the whole preorder system for this game showed how not to do it.
I will say, it's probably the first case of a pre-order literally being a pre-order of the microtransactions jammed into the game against the developers will - seriously, that's all the consumable packs were, a handful of the microtransaction packs (and not even the top-quality microtransaction packs either, just for extra 'fuck you' value). Not even EA had the balls to do something so dickish to it's user base.

...well, until the CoD 4/Infinite Warfare paywalls and microtransactions, but still, at the time, they were the lesser asshole.

EDIT: I meant Activison. I keep track of Publishers good.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Wrex Brogan said:
Man, they really backpedalled hard from the stupid 'Global Pre-Order' shit they ate so much shit over. Shame Squeenix figured 'Well, these people don't like Pre-orders... how about Microtransactions? I hear gamers talk about those all the time!' and hot-glued a bunch of shitty, over-priced pay-to-win microtransactions to a single-player RPG.

So, you know, cool people can access this content (save the consumables) without needing to do a shitty pre-order, but any good will they might've earned is wasted considering all the dumb shit Squeenix has done to this game anyway.

MercurySteam said:
I will say, it's probably the first case of a pre-order literally being a pre-order of the microtransactions jammed into the game against the developers will - seriously, that's all the consumable packs were, a handful of the microtransaction packs (and not even the top-quality microtransaction packs either, just for extra 'fuck you' value). Not even EA had the balls to do something so dickish to it's user base.

...well, until the CoD 4/Infinite Warfare paywalls and microtransactions, but still, at the time, they were the lesser asshole.
Umm, CoD4/IW paywalls and microtransactions were Activision's doing, not EA's. Technically EA didn't have the balls to do something so dickish to it's userbase. Yet.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
RealRT said:
Umm, CoD4/IW paywalls and microtransactions were Activision's doing, not EA's. Technically EA didn't have the balls to do something so dickish to it's userbase. Yet.
Ah, my mistake - got them all mixed up 'cause CoD, Battlefield and Titanfall dropped so close together. Still, at least there's plenty of inspiration for them to fuck things up for everyone...

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Wrex Brogan said:
RealRT said:
Ah, my mistake - got them all mixed up 'cause CoD, Battlefield and Titanfall dropped so close together. Still, at least there's plenty of inspiration for them to fuck things up for everyone...
Yeah, EA never start the trends of "let's fuck things up for our users", they merely jump on every single on of them.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
Has anyone noticed this is the case more often than not for Pre order content of any impact?
Seriously people. Don't preorder. There's no point to it.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
This is why I only pre-order if there's a PHYSICAL bonus (art book, OST, etc) I want.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
So the game will be retrospectively released four days early?

snave

Nov 10, 2009
Still waiting for the GotY release with 100% of the content in it. Anything before that these days I consider a beta purchase.

Jan 27, 2011
Oooh, neat. I guess I should go and boot up that extra side mission then.

Looks like I'm not done with my first run yet! I was gonna give it another month or two before jumping in to do my "Angel of Death" run, but hey, I ain't gonna argue with more content for my first run. XD