The Sims 4 is Adding Vampires This Month

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
The Sims 4 is Adding Vampires This Month

The Sims 4 is about to get undead.

EA has announced [https://www.thesims.com/news/sims-4-vampires-announce?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_blog-vampiresannounce-011017&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=28552&ts=1484071470649&sf51569119=1] that The Sims 4 will be getting a new Game Pack, this time introducing vampires.

The Vampires Game Pack, which will be available on January 24, will feature two different types of vampires - dark and regular. According to the announcement, vampires in the game will have special motives and needs - Plasma, which the vampires drink, can be purchased or grown as a fruit. Or you can go full vampire and just take it from other Sims while they sleep. The vampires will also have powers, including the ability to turn other Sims into vampires and the ability to "move around in different forms." They'll also, unsurprisingly, be "a bit...flammable" in daylight.

The pack also adds vampire-themed Create-a-Sim options, a new world, Forgotten Hollow, new decor, and more.

Here's a description of Forgotten Hollow, per the announcement:

Forgotten Hollow is the new World coming in the The Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack. It's completely different to previous The Sims 4 worlds, and makes a great place for a Vampire to live as night-time lasts long here. There's one block, with five lots, all centered around a plaza area dedicated to Vlad, the founding Vampire of Forgotten Hollow. You'll notice that this World looks and feels totally different to the others in The Sims 4, with creeping fog and a lot of withered, old foliage. We wanted this to feel like a centuries-old neighborhood with history and secrets, so there's also some great Build & Buy Mode objects to help you create your perfect Vampire home.
More information, including pricing, will be released over the next two weeks.

[gallery=6780]

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
Welp, looks like all those Twilight fans are getting closer and closer to reenacting their favourite fan fictions.
All we need now are werewolves and then we have the full set!

Gutsripper

Aug 23, 2010
I totally forgot there was a Sims 4...
Probably because so far they've been releasing these crappy stuff packs instead of full on expansions like the previous games.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Borty The Bort said:
Welp, looks like all those Twilight fans are getting closer and closer to reenacting their favourite fan fictions.
Better make them sworn enemies and fight to the death

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
I thought they forgot about Sims 4 after they shut down Maxis.

You think there will be a spiritual successor to "The Sims" in the near future like they did with Cities Skylines with SimCity or has it already been made?

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Well... This is 3 months late, isn't it? This would've been a better DLC addition for October, certainly not January.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Couldn't they have added new and different things? Instead of just rereleasing the same concepts and ideas they did in every other Sims game? Vampires were first added to The Sims 2 in 2005. Now in 2017, we get...vampires again!

Does this build excitement for Sims fans? I am not so sure.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
TheScorpion said:
I thought they forgot about Sims 4 after they shut down Maxis.

You think there will be a spiritual successor to "The Sims" in the near future like they did with Cities Skylines with SimCity or has it already been made?
Doubtful. I suspect there probably will be but it will be released over something like Facebook. The Sims has very broad appeal since it is roleplaying average day life, and there are low barriers to entry when it comes to simulating real life since people are already familiar with real life. And releasing something similar over a platform that has no money based level of entry would remove one of these barrier.

On the other hand there are already games that simulate social interaction to some capacity to create stories. Youtuber's life and Crusader Kings II come to mind, and I am sure there are other efforts. If one of those efforts would dare to expand their scope/their developer would feel inspired to take on the sims that could happen. As a matter of fact after Cities Skylines was released people arrived at Paradox's forums to request them taking on the Sims, since they were disappointed in the sims 4, so there is a will, but I think EA would need to screw up more for that to happen.

Mr.Mattress said:
Well... This is 3 months late, isn't it? This would've been a better DLC addition for October, certainly not January.
We're in one of the year's darkest months, i.e. when vampires can most frequently be walking around in the open.

Clive Howlitzer said:
Couldn't they have added new and different things? Instead of just rereleasing the same concepts and ideas they did in every other Sims game? Vampires were first added to The Sims 2 in 2005. Now in 2017, we get...vampires again!
I agree with your criticism, but do you have some suggestion of where else they can go? I haven't played since The Sims 2(without expansions) but I believe this is the first time the have made a division between "good" and "evil" vampires, so that's always something.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Borty The Bort said:
Considering that Vampires are part of the franchise since Sims 2 (Nightlife Expansion) and already returned twice in Sims 3 (originally in Late Night, reworked in Supernatural) and werewolfs were part since Sims 2 as well (Pets expansion, playable) while also returning in Sims 3 (Supernatural Expansion), them returning is not a surprise.
It's basically default that Robots, Vampires and Aliens are added at some point.

Not really sure how newsworthy this is, really. As stated, it's expected to be a returning feature along with several other so-called lifestates.