Dishonored 2's Next Update Adds Custom Difficulty, Mission Replay

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Dishonored 2's Next Update Adds Custom Difficulty, Mission Replay

Game Update 2 will launch on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on January 23.

Bethesda announced in a blog post today [https://bethesda.net/en/article/5eX5NlZf8I6AMwSswCsQ/dishonored-2-update-custom-difficulty-and-mission-select] that the second free update for Dishonored 2 launches later this month, and it will bring with it features like custom difficulty settings and the ability to replay missions.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/dishonored/status/819605011319689216]

The Custom Difficulty settings will feature 20 different sliders that "fiddle with everything from how quickly Sleep Darts take effect to how many active enemies are likely to attack you at once." There's also the Iron Mod slider, "for those seeking the ultimate challenge," that enables permadeath and disables manual saves and loads.

"Iron Mode adds even more teeth to Dishonored 2," says Lead Designer Dinga Bakaba. "You will have to live with the consequences of your actions, or die permanently because of them."

Game Update 2 also features the ability to replay any mission that's already been completed, "giving you a better shot at nailing that Ghost or Clean Hands run." Any progress made up to that point - "character, chaos, runes, money, choices, etc" - will carry over in each replay.

The update will be available as a Steam Beta on PC on January 18 with full releases on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on January 23.

[gallery=6796]

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
'Hey, remember that thing that SHOULD have been in the game in the first place? Let's make it a 'free update' to seem like the good guys.'

Am I cynical enough yet?

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Tanis said:
'Hey, remember that thing that SHOULD have been in the game in the first place? Let's make it a 'free update' to seem like the good guys.'

Am I cynical enough yet?
Why "should have been" in the game? I can't think of any obligation about that.