Zelda: Breath of the Wild Will Launch With the Switch, Master Edition Announced

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Zelda: Breath of the Wild Will Launch With the Switch, Master Edition Announced

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will launch on March 3, alongside the Nintendo Switch.

During Nintendo's Switch Presentation tonight, the company revealed that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be launching with the console delayed due to a localization issue [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169260-Nintendo-Switch-Launch-Date-Price-Announced#&gid=gallery_6797&pid=1].

Alongside the announcement was another extended look at the game, with a trailer that showcased more Zelda, more environments, more allies, and more enemies, along with quite a few finer details that I'll be analyzing until the wee hours of the morning.

I had a chance to go hands-on with the title (although that was on the Wii U) at E3 2016, and while my time with the game was limited, I was fairly impressed. You can read my impressions here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/17112-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Preview#&gid=gallery_6296&pid=1].

[gallery=6799]

Nintendo also shared images of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Master Edition, which features the game, a 24 song soundtrack, a Switch carrying case, a collector coin, a map of Hyrule, and a Master Sword statue. The Master Edition will cost $129.99.

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1374/1374300.jpg

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
:O Holy... Nintendo just earned my pre-order. I hope they manage to hold that awesome looking story telling and don't fall into the Skyrim trap.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Damir Halilovic said:
Please oh please let there be Japanese voices with English subtitles, the English VA is atrocious.
Where's the English Voice acted version? The video the OP linked is in Japanese?

And I still don't like the Cel Shaded Style.

You did it Wind Waker, you did it in Skyward Sword, enough. Stop making it the standard for Zelda, I mean they made Mario have this Realistic City?! But Zelda cannot have for once a game that looks like Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:

You did it Wind Waker, you did it in Skyward Sword, enough. Stop making it the standard for Zelda, I mean they made Mario have this Realistic City?! But Zelda cannot have for once a game that looks like Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask?
Zelda's always predomianntly been cartoony. The only exceptions I can think of are OoT, MM, and TP.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Zelda's always predomianntly been cartoony. The only exceptions I can think of are OoT, MM, and TP.
I just hope for once they make the next Zelda on the Switch the style of OoT, MM, TP, and Hyrule Warriors.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Gah. Zelda's crying hit me pretty hard. Makes me really wonder what could have gone wrong. This is probably the first time that story in a Zelda game has grabbed my attention more so than the gameplay.

But as intrigued as I am by the Switch, I don't see any incentive to buying the system for this. I already have a Wii U, and it's coming out for that. Asides from being prettier (presumably), I can't think of any advantages the Switch version might have.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ezekiel said:
Hawki said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Those games were cartoony too, just not cell shaded. The cell shading in this game is kind of ugly, though. It tries to mask simplistic geometry with low res textures. The world is pretty bland and empty, not what I wanted from an open world Zelda.
Well from what I heard the guys that did Xenoblade Chronicles is helping development with the game.

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
Samtemdo8 said:
Damir Halilovic said:
Please oh please let there be Japanese voices with English subtitles, the English VA is atrocious.
Where's the English Voice acted version? The video the OP linked is in Japanese?
https://youtu.be/zw47_q9wbBE

Nintendo put up the English trailer on their youtube. I'm so glad I saw the subbed version. Just from the few lines from Zelda (and the crying) it feels like the English VA was phoning it in... not to mention the other voices being just as bad, like it was a bad translation attempt :(

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
WNxSajuukCor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Damir Halilovic said:
https://youtu.be/zw47_q9wbBE

Nintendo put up the English trailer on their youtube. I'm so glad I saw the subbed version. Just from the few lines from Zelda (and the crying) it feels like the English VA was phoning it in... not to mention the other voices being just as bad, like it was a bad translation attempt :(
Its Final Fantasy X all over again.

I swear what it needed is good British actors. Fantasy needs British Actors.

But than again I found Zelda crying in the Japanese Dub to be a bit too overdramatic.

nik3daz

Jan 1, 2008
Pleaaaase don't suck. After Skyward Sword's open but not at all open world, I don't think my fan-hood can stand another colossal disappointment. God speed, Nintendo.