New Injustice 2 Trailer Outlines the Story

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
New Injustice 2 Trailer Outlines the Story

Also, Darkseid is a pre-order incentive.

The new Injustice 2 video, titled "The Lines are Redrawn," shows...well, the lines being redrawn. The video lays out a bit of the game's story, and we see the aftermath of the first game.

"Injustice 2 picks up where Injustice: Gods Among Us left off. Though Batman has won the battle with Superman, he's still facing threats on all sides," wrote cinematic director Dominic Ciancolo on PlayStation's blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/17/new-injustice-2-story-trailer-revealed/]. "Former members of Superman's regime continue to elude justice. And a shadowy new group, The Society, threatens chaos across the globe."

"With many of his allies either victims of, or collaborators with, Superman's failed regime, Batman faces this dangerous world short of help," Ciancolo continues. "That's why he's brought together a new squad of Super Heroes. When Earth is invaded and threatened with destruction, Batman and his new team are thrust into action!"

The trailer included glimpses of Poison Ivy, Bane, and Damian Wayne (dressed as Robin), as well as the game's big bad, Braniac. Darkseid has also been confirmed as a playable character - if you preorder, that is. In addition, the trailer obviously had a focus on Superman, Batman, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman.

[gallery=6808]

Injustice 2 is slated to release on May 16 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
One: Woohoo for new characters and not horrible costumes!

Two: Booooo for pre-order characters. Not cool, WB, not cool.

Anyway, I'm shite at fighting games but I am a huge DC fan. Hopefully Robin is not taking the place of Nightwing.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
A new team of...the same heroes it always is!

Bob_McMillan said:
One: Woohoo for new characters and not horrible costumes!

Two: Booooo for pre-order characters. Not cool, WB, not cool.

Anyway, I'm shite at fighting games but I am a huge DC fan. Hopefully Robin is not taking the place of Nightwing.
I guess you did not play the first? The first involves the crossing of two universes/timelines. In the one where Superman goes World Conqueror, Dick Grayson is killed and Damien is Nightwing. He is alive in the other one. Whether or not he will be in the game, I dont know, but my guess is that the Damien in this is the Evil Superman world one.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Darkseid as a preorder bonus!? Oh fuck off Netherealm/Warner Bros. That's almost as bad as the damn From Ashes dlc for Mass Effect 3. Darkseid is a major character in the DC Universe you bastards.