The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Will be a Nintendo Switch Launch Title

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Will be a Nintendo Switch Launch Title

Another game has joined the Nintendo Switch launch lineup.

Nicalis has announced that The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ will be available for the upcoming Nintendo when it launches on March 3. This brings the total number of confirmed Switch launch titles up to six.

"By now you've hopefully heard that The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is coming to Nintendo Switch in retail form. What does it mean?" reads a post on the game's blog [http://bindingofisaac.com/post/156051129599/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth-megapost-2017]. "It means that there is more than just The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on launch."

Afterbirth+ will include Rebirth, Afterbirth, and Afterbirth+ packaged together, available both at retail and on the Nintendo eShop, for a cost of $39.99. The post also encourages fans to consider pre-ordering the game, "as the first few thousand copies may come backed in with something special."

[gallery=6819]

In addition to Afterbirth+, the Switch will be launching with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, 1-2-Switch, Just Dance 2017, Skylanders Imaginators, and Super Bomberman R.

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
I don't understand the hype behind The Binding of Isaac. Don't get me wrong, I love a good rogue-lite every now and again, I just don't get the appeal behind this game in particular. I've always hated the art-style, the story is bloated as far as I can see; I think the idea of making bosses and enemies around humanity's sins and literal poop and all that jazz is an interesting idea, it just feels to me like it was poorly executed.

And don't get me started on the fricking encyclopaedia of items in the game, which in size and scale is just as terrifying as the people who memorised all of them and can identify them just by their appearance, while I'm staring like a confused baboon looking at the insides of a car engine without a manual in hand.

MatthewTheDark

The Meme Machine
Jun 13, 2014
Fischgopf said:
Yeah, I like Isaac and everything but

1. Certainly not going to set the world on fire as a launch title.

2. Could Edmund please stop riding this thing to death? This is the second expansion for what is already a reamke of a game that got a expansion in and of itself. It's getting tiresome, at least re-work the game some more.
1. Completely correct. But its something I guess.

2. He's making three new games if I recall correctly, one of which with Team Meat. But I guess as long as people want more Isaac, he'll have to supply more. IIRC, this is the last expansion. Could be wrong though.

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
40$??? I can get the binding of isaac rebirth for 15$ on steam. is this going to add that much content? (binding of isaac is content light and is worth around 15-20$ anyway) if it isnt....