Rockstar Debuts The Ballad Of Gay Tony Trailer

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Rockstar Debuts The Ballad Of Gay Tony Trailer

As we near the release of the second downloadable content pack for Grand Theft Auto IV, dubbed The Ballad of Gay Tony, creator Rockstar Games has launced a media blitz, which includes the release of a debut trailer.

Like the first DLC release for GTAIV, The Ballad of Gay Tony is going to be exclusive to Xbox 360 owners. Since The Lost And Damned has yet to appear on the PlayStation 3, and it's been 8 months since it first debuted, I wouldn't expect any of GTAIV's add-ons to come to Sony's platform any time soon.

With that out of the way, Xbox 360 owners should be smiling. Ballad's debut trailer seemingly confirms that the add-on will add skydiving to the game.

I didn't realize how many people missed being able to jump off of high things until Ballad's early screenshots teased the return of parachutes and the 'net went crazy, but apparently Rockstar will be making a lot of fans happy by letting them jump off of buildings.

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
Woohoo!! Jumping from Helicopters and gliding safely to earth as we watch our whirly-bird machine crash gracelessly into a jammed Times Squa...I mean Starfish Junction...

Now if only we could fly the jets, take passangers and abandon them mid-flight...

I guess I'm going to have to borrow my mates GTA4 for the 360 again...I refuse to buy the X-box version having paid for the PS3...oh if only I'd known at the time...if only I'd looked into it...

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Holy crap. That looks awesome. Seems they listened to the fans with the nitrous and the skydiving.

Oh yeah, and lots of stuff exploded whilst people danced. That should be kickass.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Mornelithe said:
Can't wait for the PC release. Going to rock!
Doesn't look like the PC is going to get it im afraid, shame I wish Microsoft didn't hate the PC soo much they even did it with the TR.Underworld DLC despite windows live having a marketplace for DLC paid for by using microsoft points.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Mornelithe said:
jamesworkshop said:
Mornelithe said:
Doesn't look like the PC is going to get it im afraid, shame I wish Microsoft didn't hate the PC soo much they even did it with the TR.Underworld DLC despite windows live having a marketplace for DLC paid for by using microsoft points.
It's bound to happen eventually, GTAIV's one of MS's Games for Windows games. It won't happen with the 360 launch, that's for sure, but eventually, Lost and Damned and Ballad of TG will hit PC.
It is logical but I don't have enough faith in Microsoft considering the $50 million they spent on securing the Exclusive DLC

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
So... it's stuff that was in San Andreas but with the graphics of GTA:IV? sounds like the GTA:III formula.

GTA:III: the mob,cars,story,limited flight options.
Vice City: several types of bikes, a different culture than just mafia/drug deals.
San Andreas: parachutes different helicopters/planes, uniqe robberies,call backs to previous games in same number series.

I'm not saying it's really that simple but it's not really all that new either...though the parachuting looks fun.

StonkThis

Aug 12, 2009
Am I the only person who thinks this is going to be bad? GTA 4 was pretty boring to me, this is supposed to be a more fun version, but they're kind of late to the party if you get what I mean. If you want wacky fun, I'd go for Saint's Row 2.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Mornelithe said:
jamesworkshop said:
Mornelithe said:
jamesworkshop said:
Mornelithe said:
It's bound to happen eventually, GTAIV's one of MS's Games for Windows games. It won't happen with the 360 launch, that's for sure, but eventually, Lost and Damned and Ballad of TG will hit PC.
It is logical but I don't have enough faith in Microsoft considering the $50 million they spent on securing the Exclusive DLC
I personally think it's a timed thing, that neither Rockstar or MS wants to divulge until MS has milked that pony via the 360 for all it's worth. Because, well, there are a slew of people who don't care about MP in GTAIV, and would merely pirate the DLC to play the store mode. I'd totally buy them both for PC tho, as I'm interested in the MP additions as well as the SP campaign. Either way, it'd be a shame, the amount of money Rockstar would make off of releasing it to PC/PS3 would make $50 million seem paltry.
Maybe, it could be timer since $50 million is petty cash to a company like MS but still able to stick it to Sony at the same time.
Fingers crossed

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
Awsome trailer, I cant wait for this DLC. I looks like it will be bringing back some of San Andres's wackyness, I mean a helicoptor stole a subway car!!!!

Also, does anyone know what the name of name of the music that was playing in the trailer?

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Microsoft doesn't hate PC.. I can play PC games, and get achievements for my XBOXLIVE account..

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
I am totally gay for this DLC.

Seriously though, Rockstar seems to be going for a complete win with this. I like that their lead character doesn't seem to be an over stereotyped gay man like Bernie was.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
p90 F.T.W.
and a beastlier autoshotty.
if i can convert the uranus to RWD in the mechanic equipping NoS, then must-buy.