Get a Closer Look at Gameplay in this New Ghost Recon Wildlands Trailer

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Get a Closer Look at Gameplay in this New Ghost Recon Wildlands Trailer

The newest trailer for Ghost Recon: Wildlands offers up the first look at single player gameplay.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is less than two months away, but it's been under the radar since E3. It's breaking its low profile today, as a new trailer offers up a first look at the upcoming shooter's single-player missions. The 20 minute video is narrated by lead designer Dominic Butler, and shows off a mission with a player and his AI teammates infiltrating a jungle village.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is headed to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on March 7. If you haven't signed up for the beta yet, you can do so right here [http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-US/beta-registration/index.aspx].

[gallery=6826]

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
It basically looks like Far Cry Co-op (at least the outpost portions) but with different features. Not entirely sure about this.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
The Enquirer said:
It basically looks like Far Cry Co-op (at least the outpost portions) but with different features. Not entirely sure about this.
I played FarCry 3 recently, great game, but goddamn fix the Stealth already, its annoying that even if I shot one guy with a sniper rifle from a Massive Distance and deep in foliage somehow all the enemies know exactly where I am and shoot at me in my direction and run at me.

Is there a mod that fixes it?

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
That actually looked really fun, and hearing that the highest difficulty has the potential for the player to get OSKed is interesting. This went from "peripherally aware of its existence" to "moderately interested".

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Really like the idea of a guerrilla group of ghost recon a soldiers set loose upon an open world. The synch shot in future soldier was ever so pleasing for my stealth glands. The only thing is that these games have the most mundane of protagonists, just your average Joe blog soldier dudes grizzling their way through battles. I hope they at least attempt to put some sort of character in this time.
Also, that mission brief lady sounds exactly like Hitman's mission brief lady. Whatever her name was, it doesn't matter, from now on she'll be known the stealth queen bee of gaming protags; the omnipresent puppet master behind all assassin behaviour.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Looks like a mix of Far Cry and The Division, not much like Ghost Recon. I'm not surprised, Ubisoft really only makes 1 game with different titles now. I'm a fan of the franchise so I'm willing to give it a try. It looks like it could be fun as long as I forget the previous games. Not a fan of the magic marking and tracking though and the AI looks questionable. That sniper in the tower is either blind or has a single digit IQ.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
They added a cover mechanic only now?

Now I'm certain this game will be unpolished as fuck.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
It needed destructable environments for me. Why cant you use c4 to demolish the buildings.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
bjj hero said:
It needed destructable environments for me. Why cant you use c4 to demolish the buildings.
I find that it being grounded (as the Clancy brand is wont to do) gets in the way of this sort of fun.
After all, Red Faction: Guerilla was an awful game but is remembered fondly for letting you roleplay the Koolaid man