Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Kicking Off February 2

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Kicking Off February 2

If you still haven't tried out Rainbow Six Siege, it's free this weekend, and on sale to boot.

If you've always thought you might like Rainbow Six Siege, but weren't ready to shell out the cash without trying it first, here's some good news for you. This weekend, you can play Ubisoft's tactical shooter for free on PC, PS4, or Xbox One.

Running from February 2 at 1 PM ET to February 5 at 4 PM ET, the free weekend will include every Operator, map and mode that is currently available in the full game. As is usual in events like these, the game will also be on sale. You can grab the full version for 50% off, and if you do, all the progress that you make during the free weekend will be carried over.

The event comes just before the release of Siege's newest free expansion, "Operation Velvet Shell." SEt to launch on Tuesday, Feb. 7, the new add-on will include a free map for all players. It will also pack in two new Operators that will be free those who purchase a season pass for year two. You'll also be able to purchase the Operators with in-game currency, whether you earn it through gameplay or buy it with real cash.

[gallery=6890]

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
ffronw said:
If you've always thought you might like Rainbow Six Siege, but weren't ready to shell out the cash without trying it first, here's some good news for you. This weekend, you can play Ubisoft's tactical shooter for free on PC, PS4, or Xbox One.
That is exactly my situation. Thanks!

Anyone aware of the health of the PC community? Last shooter I bought and really liked was Titanfall 2 and I don't know how much longer it's going to last.

Valok

Nov 17, 2010
JUMBO PALACE said:
Anyone aware of the health of the PC community? Last shooter I bought and really liked was Titanfall 2 and I don't know how much longer it's going to last.
Healthy enough I'd say. 24k players online right now on steam alone (middle of the week and not peak time). Though I did heard that if you are into PvE you might spend more time on the queue when compared to PvP. Population doesn't seem to be a problem but I also heard some really bad things about the community.. Which I guess is not really surprising considering how competitive the game is.

Well, I'll def download to try it out.

INerdRageAlot

Feb 1, 2017
JUMBO PALACE said:
Last I heard it has more players now then it did at launch : https://gamerant.com/rainbow-six-siege-player-count-354/

Also a shockingly mature group from my 200 hours of experience.