What Movie Trailers Should You Expect at this Year's Super Bowl?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
What Movie Trailers Should You Expect at this Year's Super Bowl?

//cdn-origin.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1379/1379370.jpg

Disney, Universal, and Paramount are among the studios looking to drop new trailers at the Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl is known for two things: (1) being the championship game of the dedicated entire articles to them [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/nfl]. So, it makes sense for movie studios to promote their latest projects at an event that will be watched by over 100 million people.

This year, we know at least three studios have purchased time at the "Big Game." Variety [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/disney] that they will run trailers during the game. As for the movies to look out for? Only Paramount named names. Both Ghost in the Shell and Transformers: The Last Knight are scheduled to be showcased during the event. The rest have been left up to us to figure out.

Let's start with Disney. It has so many big-name movies coming out that naming them all could take up a whole paragraph. But I'm going to guess that the trailer we'll see will be for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. We've only gotten a teaser up to this point, and this is the sort of tentpole franchise you need to show at an event like this. We haven't even seen Jack Sparrow yet.

Moving on to Universal, the next two projects it has for release are Fifty Shades Darker and The Great Wall - but we've seen multiple trailers for both of these, and we've seen them for months. My guess? The Fate of the Furious. We got one so far, but the Super Bowl would be the place to debut a second one.

We'll all find out this Sunday, February 5, when the New England Patriots take on the Atlanta Falcons at Super Bowl LI. What trailers are you hoping to see?

Source: Variety [http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/super-bowl-commercials-movies-paramount-disney-1201974248/]

[gallery=6891]

Bindal

May 14, 2012
ecoho said:
um man its the Atlanta falcons just thought you should know........
For me, that's an indication that there is not enough overlap between these people targeted by those trailers and those actually caring about the Super Bowl.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Bindal said:
ecoho said:
um man its the Atlanta falcons just thought you should know........
For me, that's an indication that there is not enough overlap between these people targeted by those trailers and those actually caring about the Super Bowl.
This is the one where they score runs right? SPORTSBALL!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
50 Shades Darker - The Great Wall - The Fate of the Furious

I know little about these, but they do appear like topical commentary when together like that.
I bet you're looking forward to reviewing the first title. ;)

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
hang on......isn't the great wall in cinemas already? dont they normally show trailers for movies that are a bit away?

.....star wars anyone? ah.....maybe its just to soon.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
I'm mostly just surprised the sword in the Transformers poster isn't reticulated with a scale motif and random junk hanging from it.

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
I'm hoping for a new Mass Effect: Andromeda trailer. Not a movie, you say? Don't care. I'm way more excited for the video games of 2017 than the films. (OK, I really want to see Ghost in the Shell. As for the rest... I can't really work up any enthusiasm.)

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I know people hate them, I know they're bad, but I kinda want to see the next Transformers. I really fucking like robots. Especially when they punch and shoot each other.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Wait, I thought 50 Shades was a relative flop...why the fuck are they making another one?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I dunno. Atlas Shrugged got 3 movies, which was about 5 too many.

Are we really trying to hype advertisements? How far down the rabbit hole is this gonna go.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks to y'all who corrected the Arizona/Atlanta thing. Dunno how I confused those - and I'm actually looking forward to it!

RJ 17 said:
Wait, I thought 50 Shades was a relative flop...why the fuck are they making another one?
$571 million worldwide on a $40 million budget.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Marter said:
RJ 17 said:
$571 million worldwide on a $40 million budget.
Coulda sworn I heard it didn't do very well, but I stand corrected.

..............still seems like a waste to make a movie series based on books that were literally conceived as Twilight fan-fic. :p

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Logan. The new trailer
Give me that or maybe Deadpool 2, featuring CABLE and I'm happy.