Star Wars Battlefront 2 Will Feature a Full Singleplayer Campaign

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Will Feature a Full Singleplayer Campaign

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1008/1008377.jpg
DICE is already hard at work on Battlefront 2, due out in 2017.

One of the biggest criticisms of the game could launch ahead of Episode VII [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/star%20wars%20battlefront]. DICE is already working on the game's sequel, due out some time this year, and has promised us that this time around we will get a campaign, and rather than just being stuck in Battlefront's "classic" era, this one will span multiple generations of the Star Wars universe.

"Our next Star Wars: Battlefront will be taking players into more locations, and allowing them to play with more heroes and characters across multiple Star Wars eras," said the official EA Star Wars Twitter account [https://twitter.com/eastarwars/status/826571024573591552]. "There will be new ways to play, including an all-new singleplayer campaign, and much much more that we are excited to share with our players in the months ahead."

The "multiple eras" comment does seem to suggest that the game will span across classic, prequel, and the new movies, and maybe if we're lucky even further beyond. The addition of a proper singlerplayer campaign should appease a lot of fans, including John "Finn" Boyegna himself, who lamented its absence [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166696-Actor-John-Boyega-Wants-More-Single-Player-in-Star-Wars-Battlefront#&gid=gallery_5892&pid=1] in a Tweet last year.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/eastarwars/status/826571024573591552]

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Wait, how can they be working on Battlefront II when it came out 12 years ago?

On a serious note, screw EA. I don't care what people say about it being a reboot, you don't make a game a decade later that has less in it then the previous version and then pretend that a reboot justifies anything. No, you short changed us on content and gave us a shitty game, and this one likely deserves the potential downturn that Titalfall 2 suffered due to EA's incompetence of releasing it and Battlefield 1 in a short window along with competing with CoD.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
You have no idea how angry I am that they're calling it Star Wars Battlefront 2. I feel Yahtzee's pain now. It wasn't even made that long ago, less than 2 decades. I have battlefront 2 on my steam account even, so this is just so annoying.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Battlefront 2 is already out and has been for a long time so this article is invalid. Had it been written in 2004 then it would be better.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I hope they don't expect me to be grateful for something that should have been in their first game to begin with. Hell, the F2P mobile game Galaxy of Heroes has more content than EA's Battlefront. That's just sad.

Oh yeah, and screw you for rebranding the series while we're at it. To add salt to the wound, it was EA that killed Pandemic (creators of the original Battlefronts) in the first place.

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
Zontar said:
Wait, how can they be working on Battlefront II when it came out 12 years ago?

On a serious note, screw EA. I don't care what people say about it being a reboot, you don't make a game a decade later that has less in it then the previous version and then pretend that a reboot justifies anything. No, you short changed us on content and gave us a shitty game, and this one likely deserves the potential downturn that Titalfall 2 suffered due to EA's incompetence of releasing it and Battlefield 1 in a short window along with competing with CoD.
If nothing else, I really wouldn't mind these games so much if they had just given them a different name. I hate it when companies do this, be it in movies or games. It's very confusing. I mean, the original Battlefront and EA's Battlefront are almost nothing alike.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
I might get this if the reviews are good and it actually has vital features.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
While I generally like Battlefront; I thought it was a good game. I have to say the way EA put it out, I'm not in a hurry to buy a sequel. I mean 4 levels and no single player? Plus a pretty expensive season pass, that amounted to a slow drip-feed of content. And in all honesty there are not many worthwhile rewards for leveling up. As great as the game looked, felt and sounded, I'm not in a terrible rush to let EA fuck around with my wallet any time soon.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
What people above said: Battlefront II already exists.

Also, EA, I hope you don't expect me to be excited about a feature that you should have put in your previous game.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
NO. EA, listen to me very FUCKING carefully. no Campaign, or at least not instead of what we really want: Galactic Conquest.

seriously, as with the first battlefront, you have one job, can you not focus test this into blandness?

Feb 7, 2016
Oh boy, I can't wait for another 5 hour single player campaign that will effectively act as a weaponry tutorial.

Unless they can surprise me.

To be fair, it really depends on how good the campaign is. Yes, the Titanfall 2 campaign was only about 4 or 5 hours, but it was constantly going and would have overstayed its welcome with its intensity.

Might just end up being a Battlfield campaign though. All spectacle, no content. You'll play it once, go "Yeah, that was okay I guess." and then never think about it again.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Is this just causing bad will in order to get good will later?
I'm feeling a sense of "release a bare-bones version now and people will love us when we make another one later with features present in the classic games."

I've got your game now, EA! Wait...

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
While that does make it slightly more appealing, I'll still not likely get it unless everyone, and I mean everyone, starts saying that it's better than the original Battlefront 2(which is about as likely as me winning the lottery tomorrow despite not having bought a ticket).

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Anyone getting a deja vu, where EA announces that the sequel to a multiplayer only game, where it was critized for having no singleplayer campaign gets a singleplayer campaign (among other things)?
Because Titanfall was similar.

Ugicywapih

May 15, 2014
Calling it now:

The singleplayer campaign will be 4 hours long and most of that will be QTEs and cinematics. Possibly including a QTE "climatic battle" against an angry rodent at some point. "Press X for feels" nearly guaranteed.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
If it's only the New Era and Original Trilogy, I'll buy it on sale. If they give me Clone Wars, they can have all my money.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
It's like Titanfall all over again, except that Titanfall 1 had a good gameplay in the first place and was only missing the campaign and a non-retarded DLC map system. You know, to not kill off the game by splitting the playerbase into many small groups.