John Wick - Chapter 2 - Yeah, I'm Thinkin' He's Back

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
John Wick - Chapter 2 - Yeah, I'm Thinkin' He's Back

John Wick: Chapter 2 is pretty much exactly what John Wick fans should want out of its sequel.

Read Full Article

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Marter said:
There's no quick-cut or shaky-cam nonsense here, folks. This is well-choreographed, properly photographed, intelligently edited action nirvana.
Hell yeah!!!!

I adored the first one and am super happy to hear that this one sticks with the wonderful camera work the first one had. I don't catch a lot in the theater but Mr Wick might have to be one of them...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Yeah, that was one of my favorite things about the first movie: first action film in a good long while that DOESN'T have shaky-cam and fast cuts. This week's Honest Trailers episode was on the first movie and they show a comparison of an action sequence from the first movie and a "shot" of Liam Neeson climbing a fence in one of the Taken movies...and god damn, the difference is night and day. John Wick's action is nice and smooth as he takes out four guys...Taken has like, 12 frickin' edits - combined with full-blown shaky-cam - just to have Liam climb a fence.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
While the plot wasn't great in the first movie, I enjoyed the characters, world it was set in and the premise and overall found it to be a very enjoyable movie. The cinematography was amazing. Glad to see they've carried that over to this one.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
The Enquirer said:
While the plot wasn't great in the first movie
Plot? It was a classic 1980s excuse plot, we need a reason for this guy to murder his way through all of those guys, it needs to be plausible, the audience has to hate those guys so much they cheer, hmmm... everyone loves a puppy...

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
While I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, I'm hoping that in the third movie they stop teasing us and give us more info on the John Wick universe.

Also, I'm impressed how they could make a guy wearing a magic bulletproof suit still seem vulnerable.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
RJ 17 said:
Yeah, that was one of my favorite things about the first movie: first action film in a good long while that DOESN'T have shaky-cam and fast cuts. This week's Honest Trailers episode was on the first movie and they show a comparison of an action sequence from the first movie and a "shot" of Liam Neeson climbing a fence in one of the Taken movies...and god damn, the difference is night and day. John Wick's action is nice and smooth as he takes out four guys...Taken has like, 12 frickin' edits - combined with full-blown shaky-cam - just to have Liam climb a fence.
In Taken 3's defence, Liam Neeson is getting realllllyyyy old. I'm surprised they bothered to make that movie.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
really want to watch it, but so far no release date in australia yet. but have a date for freaking 50 shades.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Bob_McMillan said:
In Taken 3's defence, Liam Neeson is getting realllllyyyy old. I'm surprised they bothered to make that movie.
Keanu is only 12 years younger. I mean, I guess a lot can change in 12 years. Still not really a criticism of Neeson so much as an observation of how great Keanu is doing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Bob_McMillan said:
RJ 17 said:
It still didn't excuse the same rapid quick-cut, shaky-cam, editing from Olivier Megaton in Transporter 3 (back in 2008) and Colombiana. That is why Transporter 3 is inferior action wise to the first two movies. Jason Statham wasn't even that old yet and Megaton used unnecessary quick cuts that weren't needed. Whenever Megaton directs or edits a film, expect nothing but bad news from the story or action. Especially the action.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Such a good fucking movie. Came out of the theater with a feeling of elation akin to when I watched Mad Max: Fury Road. I love the glee of the "Wow, I just had a lot of fun!" sentiment.