Fifty Shades Darker - You Thought This Wasn't Coming?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Fifty Shades Darker - You Thought This Wasn't Coming?

Fifty Shades Darker now exists, so let's talk about it.

Read Full Article

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Had to go see this with my wife, was honestly disappointed that it wasn't as bad as the first.
The first one was so bad that the theater was constantly laughing out loud at it, and I was able to enjoy it on a "I can't believe someone actually wrote this dialog" kind of level.

This one was just boring. A bunch of stuff just sort of happens with the plot never really going anywhere.

For example towards the end of the movie there's part where the guy gets in a helicopter crash. Followed by the girl finding out, and then a scene of everyone watching the news being all worried, then he shows up like "Hey guys, I'm fine, lol" - and that's literally it. It doesn't have anything to do with anything else or lead to any character development - it's literally there just to (try) to add something resembling dramatic tension

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Depressing number of the day: 148,291,623. That's how many US dollars people have paid to go see this movie in four days.

THM said:
Is it even worth renting for some, uh, 'alone time'? :D
The Lego Batman Movie is probably more arousing.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
...the rating is much higher than I thought it would be. 0_0

Phoenix1213

Sep 2, 2009
cynicalsaint1 said:
Had to go see this with my wife, was honestly disappointed that it wasn't as bad as the first.
The first one was so bad that the theater was constantly laughing out loud at it, and I was able to enjoy it on a "I can't believe someone actually wrote this dialog" kind of level.

This one was just boring. A bunch of stuff just sort of happens with the plot never really going anywhere.

For example towards the end of the movie there's part where the guy gets in a helicopter crash. Followed by the girl finding out, and then a scene of everyone watching the news being all worried, then he shows up like "Hey guys, I'm fine, lol" - and that's literally it. It doesn't have anything to do with anything else or lead to any character development - it's literally there just to (try) to add something resembling dramatic tension
I saw it with my girlfriend. I guess it did its job seeing as how she kept getting all hot and bothered, but then again she's very impressionable; I can't even let her watch TV without having to cancel 2 fast food orders, and a Lexus lease after every commercial break.

Stupid helicopter crash was there for the age old practice of: "OMG, you almost died!!!Lets get married before it's too late!!!" I was disappointed I was reading reviews in the middle of the movie and had a helicopter crashing "spoiled" for me, I was hoping it would at least be something interesting/funny like crazy stalker girl shooting a RPG at it, or some kind of sabatoge by rapist boss or cougar Dom. I would actually be looking forward to a sequel if they have all their stupid 1 dimensional villains team up and try to break them up. Yah got: friend zone dude, rapist boss, cougar dom, crazy stalker sub, random picture taking/burning guy, annnnd.... abusive stepmom(?) That'd be some great stupid fun.