8 Supporting Video Game Characters that Deserve Their Own Spin-Off

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
8 Supporting Video Game Characters that Deserve Their Own Spin-Off

For every great protagonist, there's an equally great (or greater) NPC waiting patiently for their own game.

Read Full Article

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Lets see...Samara? No. Jack? No. Bastila? No. Mission Vao? No. Me llamo Luis Sera? No. Elizabeth? No. Rose of Cassidy? No.

Nope, sorry Lizzy. Gonna have to send this one back to the copy-editor.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
American Tanker said:
No Garrus?

Combined with everything from Silentpony's list, this one gets a big fat FAIL from me.
Gah, forgot Garrus. If anyone needs a Grim Fandango style comedic Noir game, its him.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
Lets see...Samara? No. Jack? No. Bastila? No. Mission Vao? No. Me llamo Luis Sera? No. Elizabeth? No. Rose of Cassidy? No.

Really not one mention of this guy:

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Silentpony said:

Really not one mention of this guy:

I truly did think about it. Maybe about his service in the Deathwatch? Or how the Nids took his arm and eye?

Although I'd rather see Space Marine 2 about Titus becoming a Librarian.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
I have no idea how Square has gone this long without giving Gilgamesh his own game. Heck, Zack Fair got his own game, but Gilgamesh gets nothing? That's not...fair...

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
1) Maybe, but I'm not sure where there's enough blank spaces in the timeline

2) No idea, haven't played

3) As above

4) I'm mixed about Zelda. I do think she's come a long way from her early days, but her bearing the Triforce of Wisdom does suggest her being a different type of character than Link. He's the brawn (with the Triforce of Courage), she's the brains.

On the other hand, there's still nothing to stop her from having her own game at the end of the day. So, Sheik, Tetra (pre-WW), or a new setting entirely, I'd be down with that.

5) Don't know, never played

6) As above

7) Not a bad idea - set between HL1 & 2, taking the fight to the Combine? Sounds good. Or, heck, Half-Life 3 with Alyx as the lead - I'd be fine with that also.

8) Waluigi! Number one!

Or not. But, I figure that if even Wario gets his own games, Waluigi could get some time to shine.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
And last entry lies the paradox:
* What makes Waluigi unique and stand out is how he doesn't get enough attention.
* Nintendo gives him that attention and it completely takes away everything that made him unique and stand out.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
A spin-off of Garrus during his time in Omega as the vigilante Archangel would be awesome. With so many characters and interesting places in the Mass Effect universe, it's a shame that it has restricted itself to third-person shooter/RPG genre.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
CaitSeith said:
A spin-off of Garrus during his time in Omega as the vigilante Archangel would be awesome. With so many characters and interesting places in the Mass Effect universe, it's a shame that it has restricted itself to third-person shooter/RPG genre.
Start with his time in C-Sec, then time-skip past the events of Mass Effect 1 from the point where he would have been grabbed by Shepard to the time after the Normandy was destroyed by the Collectors. Pick up at that point, leading in to his becoming "Archangel" on Omega.

Another time skip at the point where he gets shot by Tarak's gunship, to the time between ME2 and ME3. This time, we see how that "Reaper Task Force" was assembled under his command.

Sheesh, that's a trilogy in itself, if we do it like that.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
They could make a Wario and Waluigi co-op type game. That would be neat.

And I agree about Zelda > Female Link.

The rest nope. I'd be down for an Ocelot game, but no Kojima means I dont want any new MGS games ever.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
I'd love to see a Waluigi game where Waluigi is set in a world, story and situation so far off from the Mushroom Kingdom stuff like it was Tomodachi Life.

I want a Waluigi-sim. After seeing him in the 3DS golf title, it's sealed for me.

Kurt91

Feb 16, 2017
Country
United States
Here you go. A game starring Waluigi, just like you wanted. True, it's not an official game by Nintendo, but as far as quality goes, it's pretty damn close. Note that I'm just going to link to the TV Tropes page. You can decide from there if it's something you'd like to check out for yourself, or just stop at that point. There should be a link to the actual game on the page for anybody interested

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/PsychoWaluigi

It's a personal favorite of mine. Kind of "Mario-meets-Kirby" as far as gameplay goes. I mean, you have Mario-style physics, enemies, environments, etc., but Waluigi's special skills feel quite similar to Kirby. For instance, you can grab a Snifit and hold it to where the bullets that it's shooting will hit enemies instead of you, with full control over when it shoots. Once it's out of ammo, you just throw it away (possibly hitting another enemy with it and taking them both out), and grab something else. If you don't want to do that, you can always just stomp your enemies like any other Mario game.

Like I said, not an official game, but considering Waluigi's in your number-1 spot, this seems like something you'd probably enjoy quite a bit.