The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Switch Version Delayed

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Switch Version Delayed

One of the Nintendo Switch's launch titles has been delayed, but will still release in March.

Last month, Nicalis announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169319-The-Binding-of-Isaac-Afterbirth-Will-Be-A-Launch-Title-For-Nintendo-Switch#&gid=gallery_6819&pid=1] that The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ would not only be available on Nintendo Switch, it would also be one of the few launch titles for the upcoming console.

In a post today [http://tyrod.com/post/157494246009/whats-in-the-box2-take-2], however, Nicalis revealed that the Switch port of the game will not be available when the Switch launches after all. While it's still expected to release in March, it won't be making the previously announced March 3 date.

"For those of you who have pre-ordered already you may have noticed your order shifted date," the post reads. "We were unable to confirm the revised release date until now (due to issues way beyond our control), but can confirm that the Release Date for The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ on Nintendo Switch has been pushed back. It's still March, but we won't make 3.3 (insert sad face here)."

The post also stated that every launch version will include two limited sticker sheets, a reversible alternate cover, and a 20-page instruction booklett.

[gallery=6950]

Afterbirth+ will include Rebirth, Afterbirth, and Afterbirth+ packaged together, available both at retail and on the Nintendo eShop, for a cost of $39.99.

AlbertoStatti

Feb 21, 2017
As interesting as it looks, I can see interest in the switch dwindling with such an ever shrinking supply of launch games. I don't know about you, but if I were nintendo right now, I'd be getting worried.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
AlbertoStatti said:
As interesting as it looks, I can see interest in the switch dwindling with such an ever shrinking supply of launch games. I don't know about you, but if I were nintendo right now, I'd be getting worried.
They aren't because they know what the next pokemon game will be exclusive to.